Sep 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella confirmed to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer that Zack Kassian and Dale Weise are facing discipline hearings for their respective infractions during Saturday’s preseason contest against the Edmonton Oilers.
Kassian’s high-stick on Oilers forward Sam Gagner could be quite costly for Edmonton. The 22-year-old’s errant swing sidelined Gagner indefinitely, making the Oil’s weakness down the middle that much more troublesome.
Update: TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Weise’s hearing will come via telephone while Kassian’s is taking place in person, indicating that Kassian’s punishment could be more severe.
Kassian has a checkered past with suspensions, so we’ll see if that hurts his cause in particular; it doesn’t help that Gagner’s broken jaw seems pretty serious.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63