Sep 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella confirmed to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer that Zack Kassian and Dale Weise are facing discipline hearings for their respective infractions during Saturday’s preseason contest against the Edmonton Oilers.
Kassian’s high-stick on Oilers forward Sam Gagner could be quite costly for Edmonton. The 22-year-old’s errant swing sidelined Gagner indefinitely, making the Oil’s weakness down the middle that much more troublesome.
Update: TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Weise’s hearing will come via telephone while Kassian’s is taking place in person, indicating that Kassian’s punishment could be more severe.
Kassian has a checkered past with suspensions, so we’ll see if that hurts his cause in particular; it doesn’t help that Gagner’s broken jaw seems pretty serious.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)