Sep 22, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks head coach John Tortorella confirmed to the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer that Zack Kassian and Dale Weise are facing discipline hearings for their respective infractions during Saturday’s preseason contest against the Edmonton Oilers.
Kassian’s high-stick on Oilers forward Sam Gagner could be quite costly for Edmonton. The 22-year-old’s errant swing sidelined Gagner indefinitely, making the Oil’s weakness down the middle that much more troublesome.
Update: TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Weise’s hearing will come via telephone while Kassian’s is taking place in person, indicating that Kassian’s punishment could be more severe.
Kassian has a checkered past with suspensions, so we’ll see if that hurts his cause in particular; it doesn’t help that Gagner’s broken jaw seems pretty serious.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)