Sep 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Patrice Bergeron‘s return to action last night went without a hitch. After suffering a punctured lung, broken ribs, and a shoulder injury during the Stanley Cup Final his summer of recovery was arduous.
After helping Boston take out Detroit 2-0 in a preseason affair, he says he’s feeling good. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com has the story.
“It felt pretty good. I was able to battle in the corners and in front of the net. That was my biggest question: reaching and stretching out for pucks, and battling other guys,” said Bergeron. “But overall I felt good, and I’m pretty happy with it. Now it’s in the past and I can start looking forward.”
Looking forward is key for this Bruins team after all the changes they went through on top of Bergeron’s punishment in the Final.
As for his game, he played 16:05 in his first action back with no points but the key part as far as Boston cares was seeing him back on the ice in action.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)