Sep 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Patrice Bergeron‘s return to action last night went without a hitch. After suffering a punctured lung, broken ribs, and a shoulder injury during the Stanley Cup Final his summer of recovery was arduous.
After helping Boston take out Detroit 2-0 in a preseason affair, he says he’s feeling good. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com has the story.
“It felt pretty good. I was able to battle in the corners and in front of the net. That was my biggest question: reaching and stretching out for pucks, and battling other guys,” said Bergeron. “But overall I felt good, and I’m pretty happy with it. Now it’s in the past and I can start looking forward.”
Looking forward is key for this Bruins team after all the changes they went through on top of Bergeron’s punishment in the Final.
As for his game, he played 16:05 in his first action back with no points but the key part as far as Boston cares was seeing him back on the ice in action.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)