Sep 22, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche claimed Marc-Andre Cliche off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports.
The 26-year-old is on a one-way contract, so the Avs would have to hope he clears waivers if they want to demote him to their own AHL squad in Erie. Either that or they actually expect him to add to his solitary game of NHL experience, which came with the Kings in 2009-10.
Really, the most noteworthy consideration is that Dater points out his last name is pronounced in a comically inconvenient way, as it’s “Klish” instead of “cli-shay.”
In other words, you just have to say his name one day at a time.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)