Sep 22, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche claimed Marc-Andre Cliche off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports.
The 26-year-old is on a one-way contract, so the Avs would have to hope he clears waivers if they want to demote him to their own AHL squad in Erie. Either that or they actually expect him to add to his solitary game of NHL experience, which came with the Kings in 2009-10.
Really, the most noteworthy consideration is that Dater points out his last name is pronounced in a comically inconvenient way, as it’s “Klish” instead of “cli-shay.”
In other words, you just have to say his name one day at a time.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8