Sep 22, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche claimed Marc-Andre Cliche off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports.
The 26-year-old is on a one-way contract, so the Avs would have to hope he clears waivers if they want to demote him to their own AHL squad in Erie. Either that or they actually expect him to add to his solitary game of NHL experience, which came with the Kings in 2009-10.
Really, the most noteworthy consideration is that Dater points out his last name is pronounced in a comically inconvenient way, as it’s “Klish” instead of “cli-shay.”
In other words, you just have to say his name one day at a time.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)