Sep 22, 2013, 9:41 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche claimed Marc-Andre Cliche off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports.
The 26-year-old is on a one-way contract, so the Avs would have to hope he clears waivers if they want to demote him to their own AHL squad in Erie. Either that or they actually expect him to add to his solitary game of NHL experience, which came with the Kings in 2009-10.
Really, the most noteworthy consideration is that Dater points out his last name is pronounced in a comically inconvenient way, as it’s “Klish” instead of “cli-shay.”
In other words, you just have to say his name one day at a time.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)