Sep 22, 2013, 9:41 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche claimed Marc-Andre Cliche off of waivers from the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday, the Denver Post’s Adrian Dater reports.
The 26-year-old is on a one-way contract, so the Avs would have to hope he clears waivers if they want to demote him to their own AHL squad in Erie. Either that or they actually expect him to add to his solitary game of NHL experience, which came with the Kings in 2009-10.
Really, the most noteworthy consideration is that Dater points out his last name is pronounced in a comically inconvenient way, as it’s “Klish” instead of “cli-shay.”
In other words, you just have to say his name one day at a time.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 11
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)