Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Jacob Josefson made a little history Saturday night.
Josefson opened the scoring for the New Jersey Devils in exhibition play against the New York Islanders, recording the first pre-season goal at the Barclays Center since the Islanders signed an agreement to move to Brooklyn two years from now.
The goal came off a rebound at the 10:14 mark of the first period. Last October, the Islanders signed a 25-year lease at Barclays Center, which will be their new permanent home, starting in the 2015-16 season.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)