Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Jacob Josefson made a little history Saturday night.
Josefson opened the scoring for the New Jersey Devils in exhibition play against the New York Islanders, recording the first pre-season goal at the Barclays Center since the Islanders signed an agreement to move to Brooklyn two years from now.
The goal came off a rebound at the 10:14 mark of the first period. Last October, the Islanders signed a 25-year lease at Barclays Center, which will be their new permanent home, starting in the 2015-16 season.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)