Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Jacob Josefson made a little history Saturday night.
Josefson opened the scoring for the New Jersey Devils in exhibition play against the New York Islanders, recording the first pre-season goal at the Barclays Center since the Islanders signed an agreement to move to Brooklyn two years from now.
The goal came off a rebound at the 10:14 mark of the first period. Last October, the Islanders signed a 25-year lease at Barclays Center, which will be their new permanent home, starting in the 2015-16 season.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)