Sep 21, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
He did not return for the third period.
“He’s being checked by the medical staff and when we know something, we’ll let you know,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said Friday night, as per the San Jose Mercury News.
“It’s obviously not a good situation for either player, Etem or Torres. A complete accident, too. We hope they’ll both be well and ready to play.”
Replay of collision shows Etem extended his leg as he tried to stay onside at blue line, That appeared to surprise Torres cutting behind him—
David Pollak (@PollakOnSharks) September 21, 2013
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 39
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6