Sep 21, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
He did not return for the third period.
“He’s being checked by the medical staff and when we know something, we’ll let you know,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan said Friday night, as per the San Jose Mercury News.
“It’s obviously not a good situation for either player, Etem or Torres. A complete accident, too. We hope they’ll both be well and ready to play.”
Replay of collision shows Etem extended his leg as he tried to stay onside at blue line, That appeared to surprise Torres cutting behind him—
David Pollak (@PollakOnSharks) September 21, 2013
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11