Sep 21, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster on Saturday.
Among this latest wave of moves was defenseman Slater Koekkoek, who was reassigned to the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League.
Koekkoek is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick, 10th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. In July, Hockey Canada announced that Koekkoek had been invited to its World Junior summer development camp, which ran Aug. 3 to 10.
A total of 18 players were assigned from Lightning camp either back to junior or to Syracuse in the American Hockey League.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)