Sep 21, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster on Saturday.
Among this latest wave of moves was defenseman Slater Koekkoek, who was reassigned to the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League.
Koekkoek is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick, 10th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. In July, Hockey Canada announced that Koekkoek had been invited to its World Junior summer development camp, which ran Aug. 3 to 10.
A total of 18 players were assigned from Lightning camp either back to junior or to Syracuse in the American Hockey League.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17