Sep 21, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster on Saturday.
Among this latest wave of moves was defenseman Slater Koekkoek, who was reassigned to the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League.
Koekkoek is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick, 10th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. In July, Hockey Canada announced that Koekkoek had been invited to its World Junior summer development camp, which ran Aug. 3 to 10.
A total of 18 players were assigned from Lightning camp either back to junior or to Syracuse in the American Hockey League.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 44
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (46)