Sep 21, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster on Saturday.
Among this latest wave of moves was defenseman Slater Koekkoek, who was reassigned to the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League.
Koekkoek is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick, 10th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. In July, Hockey Canada announced that Koekkoek had been invited to its World Junior summer development camp, which ran Aug. 3 to 10.
A total of 18 players were assigned from Lightning camp either back to junior or to Syracuse in the American Hockey League.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20