Sep 21, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster on Saturday.
Among this latest wave of moves was defenseman Slater Koekkoek, who was reassigned to the Windsor Spitfires in the Ontario Hockey League.
Koekkoek is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick, 10th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. In July, Hockey Canada announced that Koekkoek had been invited to its World Junior summer development camp, which ran Aug. 3 to 10.
A total of 18 players were assigned from Lightning camp either back to junior or to Syracuse in the American Hockey League.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)