Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The wait for Jaromir Jagr to make his first game appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform continues.
But it doesn’t seem like it will be much longer.
Jagr, 41, has been skating on his own since coming down with “lower-body soreness” since the start of training camp. There hasn’t been much, if any, concern surrounding his condition; at this point it’s been mostly precautionary.
“In my mind, it could be any day now,” said Devils head coach Pete DeBoer, as per the team’s website. “He’s getting that close.”
Ryane Clowe is also being designated as “day-to-day” after suffering a charley horse in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Islanders.
“I’m not concerned long-term, but don’t want to take any chances with it,” said DeBoer.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54