Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The wait for Jaromir Jagr to make his first game appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform continues.
But it doesn’t seem like it will be much longer.
Jagr, 41, has been skating on his own since coming down with “lower-body soreness” since the start of training camp. There hasn’t been much, if any, concern surrounding his condition; at this point it’s been mostly precautionary.
“In my mind, it could be any day now,” said Devils head coach Pete DeBoer, as per the team’s website. “He’s getting that close.”
Ryane Clowe is also being designated as “day-to-day” after suffering a charley horse in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Islanders.
“I’m not concerned long-term, but don’t want to take any chances with it,” said DeBoer.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8