Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The wait for Jaromir Jagr to make his first game appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform continues.
But it doesn’t seem like it will be much longer.
Jagr, 41, has been skating on his own since coming down with “lower-body soreness” since the start of training camp. There hasn’t been much, if any, concern surrounding his condition; at this point it’s been mostly precautionary.
“In my mind, it could be any day now,” said Devils head coach Pete DeBoer, as per the team’s website. “He’s getting that close.”
Ryane Clowe is also being designated as “day-to-day” after suffering a charley horse in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Islanders.
“I’m not concerned long-term, but don’t want to take any chances with it,” said DeBoer.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)