Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The wait for Jaromir Jagr to make his first game appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform continues.
But it doesn’t seem like it will be much longer.
Jagr, 41, has been skating on his own since coming down with “lower-body soreness” since the start of training camp. There hasn’t been much, if any, concern surrounding his condition; at this point it’s been mostly precautionary.
“In my mind, it could be any day now,” said Devils head coach Pete DeBoer, as per the team’s website. “He’s getting that close.”
Ryane Clowe is also being designated as “day-to-day” after suffering a charley horse in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Islanders.
“I’m not concerned long-term, but don’t want to take any chances with it,” said DeBoer.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 3
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 5
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)