Sep 21, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The wait for Jaromir Jagr to make his first game appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform continues.
But it doesn’t seem like it will be much longer.
Jagr, 41, has been skating on his own since coming down with “lower-body soreness” since the start of training camp. There hasn’t been much, if any, concern surrounding his condition; at this point it’s been mostly precautionary.
“In my mind, it could be any day now,” said Devils head coach Pete DeBoer, as per the team’s website. “He’s getting that close.”
Ryane Clowe is also being designated as “day-to-day” after suffering a charley horse in Thursday’s exhibition game against the Islanders.
“I’m not concerned long-term, but don’t want to take any chances with it,” said DeBoer.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 20
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 37
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20