Sep 21, 2013, 1:22 AM EST
Anaheim Ducks’ speedster Emerson Etem suffered a lower-body injury in Friday’s exhibition game against the San Jose Sharks.
The collision also took its toll on Torres, who went to the dressing room afterward and was not on the Sharks bench to begin the third period.
Etem, 21, also scored in the second period, and the Ducks came away with a 3-2 overtime win.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28