Sep 21, 2013, 1:22 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks’ speedster Emerson Etem suffered a lower-body injury in Friday’s exhibition game against the San Jose Sharks.
The collision also took its toll on Torres, who went to the dressing room afterward and was not on the Sharks bench to begin the third period.
Etem, 21, also scored in the second period, and the Ducks came away with a 3-2 overtime win.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1