Sep 21, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
David Booth, contrary to the earlier expectations of his coach John Tortorella and general manager Mike Gillis this week, will not play for the Vancouver Canucks tonight.
According to Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, the winger tweaked his groin during the morning skate prior to Saturday’s exhibition game against the Edmonton Oilers and will not play.
As per Jeff Paterson of Team 1040 radio, Vancouver’s 2011 first-round pick, Nicklas Jensen, enters the lineup with Booth out.
Injuries are nothing new for Booth since he arrived in Vancouver in October of 2011.
He suffered a groin injury at the start of a hastened training camp in January, keeping him out of the lineup for the first four weeks of the lockout-shortened season.
He then suffered an ankle injury on March 16, which later required surgery and ended his season.
Booth had been skating with teammates this week and was expected to be in the lineup Saturday against Edmonton.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)