Sep 20, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
Mikhail Grabovski has gone from calling Randy Carlyle an “[expletive] idiot,” to finding some positives about his old Leafs coach.
“It was a great experience for me, too, last year because I little bit struggle before with defensive [play],” Grabovski told CSN Washington. “After Randy I played better defensively.”
In July, Grabovski was singing a different tune.
He went on the offensive shortly after Toronto made him a compliance buyout, launching into a profanity-laced tirade to TSN.
“I play in the [expletive] Russian KHL, I make lots of [expletive] points and what’s going to happen? He makes me [expletive] play on the fourth line and he put me in the playoffs on the fourth line and third line again,” Grabovski said. “Yeah, I don’t score goals. I need to work more about that. I know that.
“But if you feel support from your coach [you'll find success]. I don’t feel any support from this [expletive] idiot.”
Grabovski, 29, took the summer to assess his options before agreeing to join the Capitals on a one-year, $3 million deal. He sounds excited about the opportunity to play for a more offensive-minded coach in Adam Oates — “the new coach likes more skills,” he explained — and insists his feud with Carlyle was blown out of proportion.
“Everybody looks at the bad words but I say a lot of good words, too,” Grabovski said. “We’re human and sometimes that’s good.”
Dec 9, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
Hey, if you’re going to ask anybody…
Dec 9, 2013, 10:37 AM EST
Stemming from Saturday’s ugly incident vs. Boston.
Dec 9, 2013, 10:24 AM EST
It’s a Metropolitan Division throw-down.
Dec 9, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
That and the rest of the links to start your day ahead.
Dec 9, 2013, 12:11 AM EST
The check didn’t result in a penalty.
Dec 8, 2013, 11:34 PM EST
Plus the Olympics, legal matters and more.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
More bad injury breaks for Boston.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
“It’s getting old,” Brad Richards said.
Dec 8, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
Todd McLellan wasn’t happy on Sunday.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
Good news/bad news night for Chicago.
Dec 8, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
Is this a faux pas?
Dec 8, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
Dec 8, 2013, 7:24 PM EST
Punishment for Varlamov’s last start or reward for Jiggy’s win?
Dec 8, 2013, 7:13 PM EST
It resulted in a broken ankle.
Dec 8, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
He expects to bring “tons of energy.”
Dec 8, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Claude Julien believes Brendan Shanahan faces a few tough calls.
Dec 8, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser are emergency recalls.
Dec 8, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Dec 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
No back-to-back duty for Braden Holtby.
Dec 8, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
The team is unsure if he has a concussion.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 63
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 92
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (93)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)