Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Earlier in the day, a story appeared on ProHockeyTalk outlining Darryl Sutter’s opinion on the new hybrid icing rule. He wasn’t in favor of it.
The [old] rule’s fine,” said Sutter, the L.A. Kings head coach. “I don’t know why, quite honest, why we…change it. The rule’s fine. I know everybody thinks, they say, ‘Oh, this guy got hurt,’ or ‘this guy got hurt.’ You can count on one hand how many in the last five years.”
To add balance to this story, here are the thoughts of Ottawa Senators defenseman Marc Methot. He likes it.
“As a defenceman it protects me,” Methot told Senators Extra.
“I know it’s going to be hard for linesmen because they have to make a lot of judgment calls and I’m sure they’re going to take a lot of heat from coaches, but that’s the game. And if you can protect the players as far as I’m concerned you’re making the right call.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)