Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Earlier in the day, a story appeared on ProHockeyTalk outlining Darryl Sutter’s opinion on the new hybrid icing rule. He wasn’t in favor of it.
The [old] rule’s fine,” said Sutter, the L.A. Kings head coach. “I don’t know why, quite honest, why we…change it. The rule’s fine. I know everybody thinks, they say, ‘Oh, this guy got hurt,’ or ‘this guy got hurt.’ You can count on one hand how many in the last five years.”
To add balance to this story, here are the thoughts of Ottawa Senators defenseman Marc Methot. He likes it.
“As a defenceman it protects me,” Methot told Senators Extra.
“I know it’s going to be hard for linesmen because they have to make a lot of judgment calls and I’m sure they’re going to take a lot of heat from coaches, but that’s the game. And if you can protect the players as far as I’m concerned you’re making the right call.”
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)