Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
Earlier in the day, a story appeared on ProHockeyTalk outlining Darryl Sutter’s opinion on the new hybrid icing rule. He wasn’t in favor of it.
The [old] rule’s fine,” said Sutter, the L.A. Kings head coach. “I don’t know why, quite honest, why we…change it. The rule’s fine. I know everybody thinks, they say, ‘Oh, this guy got hurt,’ or ‘this guy got hurt.’ You can count on one hand how many in the last five years.”
To add balance to this story, here are the thoughts of Ottawa Senators defenseman Marc Methot. He likes it.
“As a defenceman it protects me,” Methot told Senators Extra.
“I know it’s going to be hard for linesmen because they have to make a lot of judgment calls and I’m sure they’re going to take a lot of heat from coaches, but that’s the game. And if you can protect the players as far as I’m concerned you’re making the right call.”
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 70
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)