Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Earlier in the day, a story appeared on ProHockeyTalk outlining Darryl Sutter’s opinion on the new hybrid icing rule. He wasn’t in favor of it.
The [old] rule’s fine,” said Sutter, the L.A. Kings head coach. “I don’t know why, quite honest, why we…change it. The rule’s fine. I know everybody thinks, they say, ‘Oh, this guy got hurt,’ or ‘this guy got hurt.’ You can count on one hand how many in the last five years.”
To add balance to this story, here are the thoughts of Ottawa Senators defenseman Marc Methot. He likes it.
“As a defenceman it protects me,” Methot told Senators Extra.
“I know it’s going to be hard for linesmen because they have to make a lot of judgment calls and I’m sure they’re going to take a lot of heat from coaches, but that’s the game. And if you can protect the players as far as I’m concerned you’re making the right call.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)