Sep 20, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Despite an impressive resume that includes 542 career points and an Olympic gold medal, Brenden Morrow has yet to sign an NHL contract for the upcoming season.
Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, however, that may change soon.
“Things are starting to happen now,” the former Stars captain said Friday.
“I’ve actually got a few offers that I’m mulling over at the moment. It’s a tough marketplace, they’re not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I’m mulling over these offers.”
According to LeBrun, Morrow may be willing to sign a one-year deal, which may help assuage any worry about the veteran’s ability to stay healthy.
“I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago,” said Morrow.
Carolina is one team that’s expressed interest in Morrow, but he wasn’t divulging any potential destinations today.
“I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner,” he said recently. “I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 47
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)