Sep 20, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Despite an impressive resume that includes 542 career points and an Olympic gold medal, Brenden Morrow has yet to sign an NHL contract for the upcoming season.
Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, however, that may change soon.
“Things are starting to happen now,” the former Stars captain said Friday.
“I’ve actually got a few offers that I’m mulling over at the moment. It’s a tough marketplace, they’re not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I’m mulling over these offers.”
According to LeBrun, Morrow may be willing to sign a one-year deal, which may help assuage any worry about the veteran’s ability to stay healthy.
“I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago,” said Morrow.
Carolina is one team that’s expressed interest in Morrow, but he wasn’t divulging any potential destinations today.
“I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner,” he said recently. “I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (52)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)