Sep 20, 2013, 4:11 PM EST
Despite an impressive resume that includes 542 career points and an Olympic gold medal, Brenden Morrow has yet to sign an NHL contract for the upcoming season.
Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, however, that may change soon.
“Things are starting to happen now,” the former Stars captain said Friday.
“I’ve actually got a few offers that I’m mulling over at the moment. It’s a tough marketplace, they’re not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I’m mulling over these offers.”
According to LeBrun, Morrow may be willing to sign a one-year deal, which may help assuage any worry about the veteran’s ability to stay healthy.
“I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago,” said Morrow.
Carolina is one team that’s expressed interest in Morrow, but he wasn’t divulging any potential destinations today.
“I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner,” he said recently. “I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)