Sep 20, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Despite an impressive resume that includes 542 career points and an Olympic gold medal, Brenden Morrow has yet to sign an NHL contract for the upcoming season.
Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, however, that may change soon.
“Things are starting to happen now,” the former Stars captain said Friday.
“I’ve actually got a few offers that I’m mulling over at the moment. It’s a tough marketplace, they’re not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I’m mulling over these offers.”
According to LeBrun, Morrow may be willing to sign a one-year deal, which may help assuage any worry about the veteran’s ability to stay healthy.
“I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago,” said Morrow.
Carolina is one team that’s expressed interest in Morrow, but he wasn’t divulging any potential destinations today.
“I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner,” he said recently. “I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (61)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)