Sep 20, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
Despite an impressive resume that includes 542 career points and an Olympic gold medal, Brenden Morrow has yet to sign an NHL contract for the upcoming season.
Per ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, however, that may change soon.
“Things are starting to happen now,” the former Stars captain said Friday.
“I’ve actually got a few offers that I’m mulling over at the moment. It’s a tough marketplace, they’re not the biggest offers or what I had been hoping for, but at this point I just want to get playing again. So I’m mulling over these offers.”
According to LeBrun, Morrow may be willing to sign a one-year deal, which may help assuage any worry about the veteran’s ability to stay healthy.
“I get what teams are concerned about, I was plagued with some injuries a couple of years ago,” said Morrow.
Carolina is one team that’s expressed interest in Morrow, but he wasn’t divulging any potential destinations today.
“I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner,” he said recently. “I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 15
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 57
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 25
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (60)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)