Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney did not skate Friday with a lower-body injury, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
Shawn Mitchell writes:
Given that tentative timeline, McElhinney might not be ready for the opener. That means Mike McKenna or Jeremy Smith, slated to split duties at Springfield, could back up Bobrovsky to start the season.
McElhinney, 30, spent last season with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League. He has amassed 69 games in the National Hockey League, breaking into the league with the Calgary Flames in 2007-08.
The Blue Jackets are in Pittsburgh for an exhibition game against the Penguins on Saturday.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21