Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney did not skate Friday with a lower-body injury, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
Shawn Mitchell writes:
Given that tentative timeline, McElhinney might not be ready for the opener. That means Mike McKenna or Jeremy Smith, slated to split duties at Springfield, could back up Bobrovsky to start the season.
McElhinney, 30, spent last season with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League. He has amassed 69 games in the National Hockey League, breaking into the league with the Calgary Flames in 2007-08.
The Blue Jackets are in Pittsburgh for an exhibition game against the Penguins on Saturday.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)