Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney did not skate Friday with a lower-body injury, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
Shawn Mitchell writes:
Given that tentative timeline, McElhinney might not be ready for the opener. That means Mike McKenna or Jeremy Smith, slated to split duties at Springfield, could back up Bobrovsky to start the season.
McElhinney, 30, spent last season with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League. He has amassed 69 games in the National Hockey League, breaking into the league with the Calgary Flames in 2007-08.
The Blue Jackets are in Pittsburgh for an exhibition game against the Penguins on Saturday.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)