Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
Curtis McElhinney did not skate Friday with a lower-body injury, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
Shawn Mitchell writes:
Given that tentative timeline, McElhinney might not be ready for the opener. That means Mike McKenna or Jeremy Smith, slated to split duties at Springfield, could back up Bobrovsky to start the season.
McElhinney, 30, spent last season with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League. He has amassed 69 games in the National Hockey League, breaking into the league with the Calgary Flames in 2007-08.
The Blue Jackets are in Pittsburgh for an exhibition game against the Penguins on Saturday.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54