Sep 20, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Curtis McElhinney did not skate Friday with a lower-body injury, according to The Columbus Dispatch.
Shawn Mitchell writes:
Given that tentative timeline, McElhinney might not be ready for the opener. That means Mike McKenna or Jeremy Smith, slated to split duties at Springfield, could back up Bobrovsky to start the season.
McElhinney, 30, spent last season with the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League. He has amassed 69 games in the National Hockey League, breaking into the league with the Calgary Flames in 2007-08.
The Blue Jackets are in Pittsburgh for an exhibition game against the Penguins on Saturday.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)