Sep 20, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
The New York Islanders have announced that forward Cal Clutterbuck will miss 4-6 weeks with a leg laceration suffered on Tuesday night vs. Calgary.
Clutterbuck, 25, appeared to suffer the cut early in the third period after throwing a hit on Flames forward Paul Byron. Clutterbuck immediately left the ice and appeared to be in serious discomfort, and didn’t return to the game.
If Clutterbuck does miss the full six weeks, he’s projected to return around the beginning of November — meaning he could miss as many as 12 regular season contests.
Should that happen, it would be a major blow to the Isles. Clutterbuck, an energetic forward and former junior teammate of Isles captain John Tavares, was brought aboard to add physicality to New York’s forward group.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Also touches on Martin St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Appeared to hurt his left shoulder. Team calling it an upper body injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
The Winnipeg forward was tossed from the game.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Has the game’s opening goal tonight.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Gets a double-minor on the play.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Spent 13 seasons in Tampa Bay.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Opened the scoring for Tampa Bay.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Expected to join the Blues for practice on Friday.
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Replaced by Andre Benoit.
Nov 26, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Was hurt during Tuesday’s practice.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Two teams meet for the second time this season.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:12 PM EST
After an injury to Brian Elliott.
Nov 26, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Yappy Lappy was at it again.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
“Anybody can GM, anybody can be a president… whether you’re going to be good at it or not, who knows.”
Nov 26, 2014, 3:54 PM EST
San Jose coach is feeling the heat.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Click for video of the incident.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
Minny dominated L.A. early in the season, but lost 2-1.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 26, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Originally out 4-6 weeks, he’s back in just over three.
Nov 26, 2014, 2:04 PM EST
But how much public money will be required?
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 15
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)