Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Claude Giroux wants to get back into game action, and wants it to happen soon.
The Flyers captain is pushing to make his preseason debut on Tuesday against the Devils, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
“The next step will be to get cleared 100 percent to be able to hit and play (full speed) like that,” Giroux said. “If my hand lets me be 100 percent, I’d love to play.”
The 25-year-old has been practicing for over a week, his first extended action since injuring finger tendons in a freak golf accident in late August.
The injury forced him to miss Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp and Philly’s first four preseason games.
Giroux will visit doctors for clearance once the Flyers return home from their Lake Placid trip on Sunday.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54