Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Claude Giroux wants to get back into game action, and wants it to happen soon.
The Flyers captain is pushing to make his preseason debut on Tuesday against the Devils, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
“The next step will be to get cleared 100 percent to be able to hit and play (full speed) like that,” Giroux said. “If my hand lets me be 100 percent, I’d love to play.”
The 25-year-old has been practicing for over a week, his first extended action since injuring finger tendons in a freak golf accident in late August.
The injury forced him to miss Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp and Philly’s first four preseason games.
Giroux will visit doctors for clearance once the Flyers return home from their Lake Placid trip on Sunday.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18