Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
Claude Giroux wants to get back into game action, and wants it to happen soon.
The Flyers captain is pushing to make his preseason debut on Tuesday against the Devils, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
“The next step will be to get cleared 100 percent to be able to hit and play (full speed) like that,” Giroux said. “If my hand lets me be 100 percent, I’d love to play.”
The 25-year-old has been practicing for over a week, his first extended action since injuring finger tendons in a freak golf accident in late August.
The injury forced him to miss Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp and Philly’s first four preseason games.
Giroux will visit doctors for clearance once the Flyers return home from their Lake Placid trip on Sunday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)