Sep 20, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Ruutu, 30, didn’t play in either of the Hurricanes’ first two exhibition contests — a 5-4 loss to Columbus and a 5-2 loss to Buffalo — but will rejoin his mates for tonight’s game against Montreal, the first of back-to-back games against the Habs.
It will mark a significant comeback for Ruutu, who had his 2013 campaign book-ended by a pair of hip surgeries.
The first, a procedure done in early January, sidelined the Finn for the majority of the season. Ruutu made his ’13 debut on Mar. 21 and proceeded to appear in just 17 games, scoring nine points.
Once the season was finished, Ruutu went in for a second hip procedure in May, one that has kept him from fully participating in Carolina’s camp.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)