Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
Less than three months later, he’ll be in the lineup for the Boston Bruins once again, this time against the Detroit Red Wings in Saturday’s exhibition game.
In addition to signing an eight-year, $52 million contract extension, Bergeron spent the off-season recovering from those injuries. Now he’ll get into game action once again, following training camp.
“Playing games is always the answer you need and that’s the only way you can feel better, feel more comfortable – in your game shape,” Bergeron said on Friday, as per the Bruins’ website.
“The game is always the last and final answer; you need some games to feel better.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)