Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Less than three months later, he’ll be in the lineup for the Boston Bruins once again, this time against the Detroit Red Wings in Saturday’s exhibition game.
In addition to signing an eight-year, $52 million contract extension, Bergeron spent the off-season recovering from those injuries. Now he’ll get into game action once again, following training camp.
“Playing games is always the answer you need and that’s the only way you can feel better, feel more comfortable – in your game shape,” Bergeron said on Friday, as per the Bruins’ website.
“The game is always the last and final answer; you need some games to feel better.”
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39