Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Less than three months later, he’ll be in the lineup for the Boston Bruins once again, this time against the Detroit Red Wings in Saturday’s exhibition game.
In addition to signing an eight-year, $52 million contract extension, Bergeron spent the off-season recovering from those injuries. Now he’ll get into game action once again, following training camp.
“Playing games is always the answer you need and that’s the only way you can feel better, feel more comfortable – in your game shape,” Bergeron said on Friday, as per the Bruins’ website.
“The game is always the last and final answer; you need some games to feel better.”
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)