Sep 20, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Less than three months later, he’ll be in the lineup for the Boston Bruins once again, this time against the Detroit Red Wings in Saturday’s exhibition game.
In addition to signing an eight-year, $52 million contract extension, Bergeron spent the off-season recovering from those injuries. Now he’ll get into game action once again, following training camp.
“Playing games is always the answer you need and that’s the only way you can feel better, feel more comfortable – in your game shape,” Bergeron said on Friday, as per the Bruins’ website.
“The game is always the last and final answer; you need some games to feel better.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)