Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs is that Nazem Kadri‘s injury appears less serious than it originally seemed. The bad news is that goalie Jonathan Bernier is nursing a mystery ailment of his own, and things didn’t go very well regarding that on Thursday, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
Bernier, 25, didn’t elaborate regarding what exactly is bothering him. He told Siegel that he suffered whatever it was this morning, tried to fight through it, but didn’t feel very good about it during a period of action Thursday.
The frontrunner for the Leafs’ top goalie job stopped 10 out of 11 goals in Toronto’s eventual 3-2 win against the Ottawa Senators, for what it’s worth.
If this is a nagging issue, it could give James Reimer an opportunity to make more of an argument for the starting job, but we’ll have to see.
Overall, it’s a shaky night of injury news for the Maple Leafs, although the hope is that both issues are only minor.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (144)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)