Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs is that Nazem Kadri‘s injury appears less serious than it originally seemed. The bad news is that goalie Jonathan Bernier is nursing a mystery ailment of his own, and things didn’t go very well regarding that on Thursday, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
Bernier, 25, didn’t elaborate regarding what exactly is bothering him. He told Siegel that he suffered whatever it was this morning, tried to fight through it, but didn’t feel very good about it during a period of action Thursday.
The frontrunner for the Leafs’ top goalie job stopped 10 out of 11 goals in Toronto’s eventual 3-2 win against the Ottawa Senators, for what it’s worth.
If this is a nagging issue, it could give James Reimer an opportunity to make more of an argument for the starting job, but we’ll have to see.
Overall, it’s a shaky night of injury news for the Maple Leafs, although the hope is that both issues are only minor.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (165)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (58)