Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs is that Nazem Kadri‘s injury appears less serious than it originally seemed. The bad news is that goalie Jonathan Bernier is nursing a mystery ailment of his own, and things didn’t go very well regarding that on Thursday, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
Bernier, 25, didn’t elaborate regarding what exactly is bothering him. He told Siegel that he suffered whatever it was this morning, tried to fight through it, but didn’t feel very good about it during a period of action Thursday.
The frontrunner for the Leafs’ top goalie job stopped 10 out of 11 goals in Toronto’s eventual 3-2 win against the Ottawa Senators, for what it’s worth.
If this is a nagging issue, it could give James Reimer an opportunity to make more of an argument for the starting job, but we’ll have to see.
Overall, it’s a shaky night of injury news for the Maple Leafs, although the hope is that both issues are only minor.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21