Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs is that Nazem Kadri‘s injury appears less serious than it originally seemed. The bad news is that goalie Jonathan Bernier is nursing a mystery ailment of his own, and things didn’t go very well regarding that on Thursday, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
Bernier, 25, didn’t elaborate regarding what exactly is bothering him. He told Siegel that he suffered whatever it was this morning, tried to fight through it, but didn’t feel very good about it during a period of action Thursday.
The frontrunner for the Leafs’ top goalie job stopped 10 out of 11 goals in Toronto’s eventual 3-2 win against the Ottawa Senators, for what it’s worth.
If this is a nagging issue, it could give James Reimer an opportunity to make more of an argument for the starting job, but we’ll have to see.
Overall, it’s a shaky night of injury news for the Maple Leafs, although the hope is that both issues are only minor.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)