Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs is that Nazem Kadri‘s injury appears less serious than it originally seemed. The bad news is that goalie Jonathan Bernier is nursing a mystery ailment of his own, and things didn’t go very well regarding that on Thursday, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
Bernier, 25, didn’t elaborate regarding what exactly is bothering him. He told Siegel that he suffered whatever it was this morning, tried to fight through it, but didn’t feel very good about it during a period of action Thursday.
The frontrunner for the Leafs’ top goalie job stopped 10 out of 11 goals in Toronto’s eventual 3-2 win against the Ottawa Senators, for what it’s worth.
If this is a nagging issue, it could give James Reimer an opportunity to make more of an argument for the starting job, but we’ll have to see.
Overall, it’s a shaky night of injury news for the Maple Leafs, although the hope is that both issues are only minor.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)