Sep 19, 2013, 9:58 PM EST
New Jersey Devils fans probably weren’t feeling great about the team’s increasingly veteran-heavy roster after hearing about Ryane Clowe‘s injury on Thursday. Maybe that will indeed be a problem, but there’s some good news, as Jaromir Jagr is expected to practice on Friday, the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
The 41-year-old winger left the team’s first day of training camp early with “soreness” and has been out of action since. The Devils haven’t expressed much concern about the situation, but considering his age, it’s still heartening to hear that he’ll probably start skating again.
As he ages, the future Hall of Famer has missed small spans of action with nagging issues, yet Jagr is renowned for his commitment to fitness.
At some point Father Time might totally catch up to the Czech forward; the Devils just hope he can avoid that in 2013-14.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
“I don’t even remember who we play the next game.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:43 PM EST
Faces up to nine years in prison.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The information was out there, the league argues.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
A look at two of the NHL’s most intriguing coaching situations.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Are the Leafs married to mediocrity?
Nov 20, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
No makeup date announced yet.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
But the guy head coach Jon Cooper really wants back is Victor Hedman.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Prized free agent signing has just one goal in 17 games.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Nine of 10 against teams that made the playoffs last season.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:19 PM EST
Edmonton lost again last night, and made a number of glaring mistakes in the process.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Wings GM Ken Holland acknowledged he took a gamble.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Stars take on Arizona tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
Following a listless 2-0 defeat to the Rangers.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
He’s played nine games for Boston this year.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
He’s only participated in six games so far.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:08 AM EST
“I’ve never seen a case as ugly as this one.”
Nov 20, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
He’ll have a chance to beat his former team, Anaheim, again tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
The Detroit defenseman was injured in a fight Tuesday.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 5
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 12
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)