Sep 19, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils fans probably weren’t feeling great about the team’s increasingly veteran-heavy roster after hearing about Ryane Clowe‘s injury on Thursday. Maybe that will indeed be a problem, but there’s some good news, as Jaromir Jagr is expected to practice on Friday, the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
The 41-year-old winger left the team’s first day of training camp early with “soreness” and has been out of action since. The Devils haven’t expressed much concern about the situation, but considering his age, it’s still heartening to hear that he’ll probably start skating again.
As he ages, the future Hall of Famer has missed small spans of action with nagging issues, yet Jagr is renowned for his commitment to fitness.
At some point Father Time might totally catch up to the Czech forward; the Devils just hope he can avoid that in 2013-14.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 10
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 40
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38