Sep 19, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils fans probably weren’t feeling great about the team’s increasingly veteran-heavy roster after hearing about Ryane Clowe‘s injury on Thursday. Maybe that will indeed be a problem, but there’s some good news, as Jaromir Jagr is expected to practice on Friday, the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere reports.
The 41-year-old winger left the team’s first day of training camp early with “soreness” and has been out of action since. The Devils haven’t expressed much concern about the situation, but considering his age, it’s still heartening to hear that he’ll probably start skating again.
As he ages, the future Hall of Famer has missed small spans of action with nagging issues, yet Jagr is renowned for his commitment to fitness.
At some point Father Time might totally catch up to the Czech forward; the Devils just hope he can avoid that in 2013-14.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)