Sep 19, 2013, 1:06 AM EST
This summer was ugly at times between Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, so maybe it’s fitting that things began so shakily for the 34-year-old on Wednesday.
Perhaps also fittingly, Luongo showed that he can roll with the punches, not allowing another goal after that point. He stopped 14 out of 18 pucks overall in two periods of action before making way for Joacim Eriksson. This save is a good counterpoint for that goal:
Hopefully there will be a funny Tweet or two to come from this, at least.
On the other end of the ice, Devan Dubnyk had an excellent night, stopping 25 out of 26 shots in a full 60 minutes of action.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12