Sep 19, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
This summer was ugly at times between Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, so maybe it’s fitting that things began so shakily for the 34-year-old on Wednesday.
Perhaps also fittingly, Luongo showed that he can roll with the punches, not allowing another goal after that point. He stopped 14 out of 18 pucks overall in two periods of action before making way for Joacim Eriksson. This save is a good counterpoint for that goal:
Hopefully there will be a funny Tweet or two to come from this, at least.
On the other end of the ice, Devan Dubnyk had an excellent night, stopping 25 out of 26 shots in a full 60 minutes of action.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)