Sep 19, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
This summer was ugly at times between Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, so maybe it’s fitting that things began so shakily for the 34-year-old on Wednesday.
Perhaps also fittingly, Luongo showed that he can roll with the punches, not allowing another goal after that point. He stopped 14 out of 18 pucks overall in two periods of action before making way for Joacim Eriksson. This save is a good counterpoint for that goal:
Hopefully there will be a funny Tweet or two to come from this, at least.
On the other end of the ice, Devan Dubnyk had an excellent night, stopping 25 out of 26 shots in a full 60 minutes of action.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)