Sep 19, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
This summer was ugly at times between Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, so maybe it’s fitting that things began so shakily for the 34-year-old on Wednesday.
Perhaps also fittingly, Luongo showed that he can roll with the punches, not allowing another goal after that point. He stopped 14 out of 18 pucks overall in two periods of action before making way for Joacim Eriksson. This save is a good counterpoint for that goal:
Hopefully there will be a funny Tweet or two to come from this, at least.
On the other end of the ice, Devan Dubnyk had an excellent night, stopping 25 out of 26 shots in a full 60 minutes of action.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 0
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)