Sep 19, 2013, 1:06 AM EDT
This summer was ugly at times between Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, so maybe it’s fitting that things began so shakily for the 34-year-old on Wednesday.
Perhaps also fittingly, Luongo showed that he can roll with the punches, not allowing another goal after that point. He stopped 14 out of 18 pucks overall in two periods of action before making way for Joacim Eriksson. This save is a good counterpoint for that goal:
Hopefully there will be a funny Tweet or two to come from this, at least.
On the other end of the ice, Devan Dubnyk had an excellent night, stopping 25 out of 26 shots in a full 60 minutes of action.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 0
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 2
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 28
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)