Sep 19, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Kaspars Daugavins’ agent Jay Grossman announced that the former Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators forward is headed to Geneva Servette of Swiss National League A.
Daugavins, 25, does have an NHL out clause in case an opportunity comes along, Grossman notes.
If Daugavins doesn’t return to North America, he may very well be known for memorable near-misses. He made headlines for this near-goal in Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
Before that, he made some waves by trying and failing to score on the shootout this way:
Perhaps we’ll see him try some wild things again, especially since the spin-o-rama isn’t totally dead. In the meantime, we’ll need to settle for making puns related to his “Dogman” nickname (hopefully more will be related to this group than this one).
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)