Sep 19, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Kaspars Daugavins’ agent Jay Grossman announced that the former Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators forward is headed to Geneva Servette of Swiss National League A.
Daugavins, 25, does have an NHL out clause in case an opportunity comes along, Grossman notes.
If Daugavins doesn’t return to North America, he may very well be known for memorable near-misses. He made headlines for this near-goal in Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
Before that, he made some waves by trying and failing to score on the shootout this way:
Perhaps we’ll see him try some wild things again, especially since the spin-o-rama isn’t totally dead. In the meantime, we’ll need to settle for making puns related to his “Dogman” nickname (hopefully more will be related to this group than this one).
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79