Sep 19, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
Kaspars Daugavins’ agent Jay Grossman announced that the former Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators forward is headed to Geneva Servette of Swiss National League A.
Daugavins, 25, does have an NHL out clause in case an opportunity comes along, Grossman notes.
If Daugavins doesn’t return to North America, he may very well be known for memorable near-misses. He made headlines for this near-goal in Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
Before that, he made some waves by trying and failing to score on the shootout this way:
Perhaps we’ll see him try some wild things again, especially since the spin-o-rama isn’t totally dead. In the meantime, we’ll need to settle for making puns related to his “Dogman” nickname (hopefully more will be related to this group than this one).
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (43)