Sep 19, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Kaspars Daugavins’ agent Jay Grossman announced that the former Boston Bruins and Ottawa Senators forward is headed to Geneva Servette of Swiss National League A.
Daugavins, 25, does have an NHL out clause in case an opportunity comes along, Grossman notes.
If Daugavins doesn’t return to North America, he may very well be known for memorable near-misses. He made headlines for this near-goal in Game 1 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final:
Before that, he made some waves by trying and failing to score on the shootout this way:
Perhaps we’ll see him try some wild things again, especially since the spin-o-rama isn’t totally dead. In the meantime, we’ll need to settle for making puns related to his “Dogman” nickname (hopefully more will be related to this group than this one).
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 0
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)