Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 AM EST
“He just had a muscle pull or something,” Tippett said. “I don’t think it’s too serious.”
Doan, 36, left halfway through the scrimmage and might not participate in Thursday’s practice.
The team’s sturdy captain isn’t one to miss many contests. He played in all of the Coyotes games last season and has played in at least 72 games since 1998-99. He’s missed almost as many games from suspensions as he has from various ailments the past few years.
Even so, a coach can’t be pretty vague when they call an issue “not too serious.”
Still, it at least sounds like the Coyotes long-tenured winger and beloved captain isn’t in too much jeopardy to miss the start of the regular season, if not some more preseason contests.
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 2
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)