Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
“He just had a muscle pull or something,” Tippett said. “I don’t think it’s too serious.”
Doan, 36, left halfway through the scrimmage and might not participate in Thursday’s practice.
The team’s sturdy captain isn’t one to miss many contests. He played in all of the Coyotes games last season and has played in at least 72 games since 1998-99. He’s missed almost as many games from suspensions as he has from various ailments the past few years.
Even so, a coach can’t be pretty vague when they call an issue “not too serious.”
Still, it at least sounds like the Coyotes long-tenured winger and beloved captain isn’t in too much jeopardy to miss the start of the regular season, if not some more preseason contests.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6