Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
“He just had a muscle pull or something,” Tippett said. “I don’t think it’s too serious.”
Doan, 36, left halfway through the scrimmage and might not participate in Thursday’s practice.
The team’s sturdy captain isn’t one to miss many contests. He played in all of the Coyotes games last season and has played in at least 72 games since 1998-99. He’s missed almost as many games from suspensions as he has from various ailments the past few years.
Even so, a coach can’t be pretty vague when they call an issue “not too serious.”
Still, it at least sounds like the Coyotes long-tenured winger and beloved captain isn’t in too much jeopardy to miss the start of the regular season, if not some more preseason contests.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)