Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
“He just had a muscle pull or something,” Tippett said. “I don’t think it’s too serious.”
Doan, 36, left halfway through the scrimmage and might not participate in Thursday’s practice.
The team’s sturdy captain isn’t one to miss many contests. He played in all of the Coyotes games last season and has played in at least 72 games since 1998-99. He’s missed almost as many games from suspensions as he has from various ailments the past few years.
Even so, a coach can’t be pretty vague when they call an issue “not too serious.”
Still, it at least sounds like the Coyotes long-tenured winger and beloved captain isn’t in too much jeopardy to miss the start of the regular season, if not some more preseason contests.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 16
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)