Sep 19, 2013, 1:53 AM EDT
“He just had a muscle pull or something,” Tippett said. “I don’t think it’s too serious.”
Doan, 36, left halfway through the scrimmage and might not participate in Thursday’s practice.
The team’s sturdy captain isn’t one to miss many contests. He played in all of the Coyotes games last season and has played in at least 72 games since 1998-99. He’s missed almost as many games from suspensions as he has from various ailments the past few years.
Even so, a coach can’t be pretty vague when they call an issue “not too serious.”
Still, it at least sounds like the Coyotes long-tenured winger and beloved captain isn’t in too much jeopardy to miss the start of the regular season, if not some more preseason contests.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 21
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)