Carlyle to Colborne: Get on the bus…because the bus is leaving…and you want to be on that bus…it’s a good bus
Sep 19, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
We already wrote last week about Joe Colborne‘s attempt to make the Toronto Maple Leafs and prove he belongs in the NHL. But upon further review, one thing that was missing from our analysis was a good bus analogy.
For that, let’s turn to Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle.
“The way this thing works is the bus only goes by so many times,” Carlyle said Thursday, per the National Post. “And you want to be on that bus. That was the way it was when I started and it’s the way it’s been for years.
“You’re only going to get so many opportunities and who knows when the last one is? I’m not saying that’s happening, but the bus is going by and it’s another opportunity so you want to be on it. That’s the simplest form that I can put it. If you want a ride downtown you get on the bus.”
Colborne, 23, is no longer exempt from waivers, so he’d need to clear them if the Leafs chose to send him back down to the AHL. (Which we suppose is a bit like getting on a bus, except you’re not sure where it’s going.)
Here is a picture of a bus:
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 69
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (69)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)