Carlyle to Colborne: Get on the bus…because the bus is leaving…and you want to be on that bus…it’s a good bus
Sep 19, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
We already wrote last week about Joe Colborne‘s attempt to make the Toronto Maple Leafs and prove he belongs in the NHL. But upon further review, one thing that was missing from our analysis was a good bus analogy.
For that, let’s turn to Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle.
“The way this thing works is the bus only goes by so many times,” Carlyle said Thursday, per the National Post. “And you want to be on that bus. That was the way it was when I started and it’s the way it’s been for years.
“You’re only going to get so many opportunities and who knows when the last one is? I’m not saying that’s happening, but the bus is going by and it’s another opportunity so you want to be on it. That’s the simplest form that I can put it. If you want a ride downtown you get on the bus.”
Colborne, 23, is no longer exempt from waivers, so he’d need to clear them if the Leafs chose to send him back down to the AHL. (Which we suppose is a bit like getting on a bus, except you’re not sure where it’s going.)
Here is a picture of a bus:
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 62
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)