Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are getting used to holding their breath with Nazem Kadri. It happened with his prolonged contract discussions with the team this summer and again during Thursday’s preseason game against the Ottawa Senators, as people were concerned he broke his hand blocking a shot.
On the bright side, both situations came up positive for the Buds.
Actually, most literally, Kadri’s X-ray was negative. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that he’s instead suffering from a bruised hand.
It’s not all great news for the 22-year-old, as gripping the stick was uncomfortable when he went back out on the ice, according to Siegel.
Much like his contract squabbles, things could have been a lot worse … although this might force him to miss some time, after all.
Toronto ended up beating Ottawa 3-2 tonight, as Jonathan Bernier stopped 10 out of 11 shots before giving way to Drew MacIntyre, who made 19 out of 20 saves in two periods of action.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)