Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are getting used to holding their breath with Nazem Kadri. It happened with his prolonged contract discussions with the team this summer and again during Thursday’s preseason game against the Ottawa Senators, as people were concerned he broke his hand blocking a shot.
On the bright side, both situations came up positive for the Buds.
Actually, most literally, Kadri’s X-ray was negative. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that he’s instead suffering from a bruised hand.
It’s not all great news for the 22-year-old, as gripping the stick was uncomfortable when he went back out on the ice, according to Siegel.
Much like his contract squabbles, things could have been a lot worse … although this might force him to miss some time, after all.
Toronto ended up beating Ottawa 3-2 tonight, as Jonathan Bernier stopped 10 out of 11 shots before giving way to Drew MacIntyre, who made 19 out of 20 saves in two periods of action.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23