Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are getting used to holding their breath with Nazem Kadri. It happened with his prolonged contract discussions with the team this summer and again during Thursday’s preseason game against the Ottawa Senators, as people were concerned he broke his hand blocking a shot.
On the bright side, both situations came up positive for the Buds.
Actually, most literally, Kadri’s X-ray was negative. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that he’s instead suffering from a bruised hand.
It’s not all great news for the 22-year-old, as gripping the stick was uncomfortable when he went back out on the ice, according to Siegel.
Much like his contract squabbles, things could have been a lot worse … although this might force him to miss some time, after all.
Toronto ended up beating Ottawa 3-2 tonight, as Jonathan Bernier stopped 10 out of 11 shots before giving way to Drew MacIntyre, who made 19 out of 20 saves in two periods of action.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)