Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are getting used to holding their breath with Nazem Kadri. It happened with his prolonged contract discussions with the team this summer and again during Thursday’s preseason game against the Ottawa Senators, as people were concerned he broke his hand blocking a shot.
On the bright side, both situations came up positive for the Buds.
Actually, most literally, Kadri’s X-ray was negative. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that he’s instead suffering from a bruised hand.
It’s not all great news for the 22-year-old, as gripping the stick was uncomfortable when he went back out on the ice, according to Siegel.
Much like his contract squabbles, things could have been a lot worse … although this might force him to miss some time, after all.
Toronto ended up beating Ottawa 3-2 tonight, as Jonathan Bernier stopped 10 out of 11 shots before giving way to Drew MacIntyre, who made 19 out of 20 saves in two periods of action.
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29