Sep 19, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are getting used to holding their breath with Nazem Kadri. It happened with his prolonged contract discussions with the team this summer and again during Thursday’s preseason game against the Ottawa Senators, as people were concerned he broke his hand blocking a shot.
On the bright side, both situations came up positive for the Buds.
Actually, most literally, Kadri’s X-ray was negative. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that he’s instead suffering from a bruised hand.
It’s not all great news for the 22-year-old, as gripping the stick was uncomfortable when he went back out on the ice, according to Siegel.
Much like his contract squabbles, things could have been a lot worse … although this might force him to miss some time, after all.
Toronto ended up beating Ottawa 3-2 tonight, as Jonathan Bernier stopped 10 out of 11 shots before giving way to Drew MacIntyre, who made 19 out of 20 saves in two periods of action.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)