Sep 18, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Detroit Red Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen will have an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety following this hit on Chicago’s Mike Kostka in the Blackhawks’ 2-0 win on Tuesday night:
As per the NHL’s CBA, an in-person hearing is required for any suspension that could last more than five games.
The hit came early in the first period forcing Kostka, 27, to leave the game and not return. Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville called the hit “very dangerous,” according to CSN Chicago.
Pulkkinen, 21, was a fourth-round pick of Detroit’s at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the last five seasons playing with Jokerit of Finland’s SM-liiga, but did join AHL Grand Rapids late last year and scored five points in 14 Calder Cup playoff games.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 33
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 20
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (155)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)