Sep 18, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Detroit Red Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen will have an in-person hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety following this hit on Chicago’s Mike Kostka in the Blackhawks’ 2-0 win on Tuesday night:
As per the NHL’s CBA, an in-person hearing is required for any suspension that could last more than five games.
The hit came early in the first period forcing Kostka, 27, to leave the game and not return. Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville called the hit “very dangerous,” according to CSN Chicago.
Pulkkinen, 21, was a fourth-round pick of Detroit’s at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
He spent the last five seasons playing with Jokerit of Finland’s SM-liiga, but did join AHL Grand Rapids late last year and scored five points in 14 Calder Cup playoff games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)