Sep 18, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Sure, it’s just the preseason, but these games still provide some things that you won’t see (prospects and veterans fighting for spots) and plenty of things you love to watch (goals, fights, saves and big hits).
With that noted, soak in Buffalo Sabres youngster Marcus Foligno‘s leaping goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets, which reminds one a bit of Bobby Orr’s iconic moment except for the total lack of championship scale:
Not bad, huh?
Marcus scored twice on Tuesday, helping his Sabres beat his brother Nick Foligno‘s Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 0
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9