Sep 18, 2013, 12:13 AM EDT
Sure, it’s just the preseason, but these games still provide some things that you won’t see (prospects and veterans fighting for spots) and plenty of things you love to watch (goals, fights, saves and big hits).
With that noted, soak in Buffalo Sabres youngster Marcus Foligno‘s leaping goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets, which reminds one a bit of Bobby Orr’s iconic moment except for the total lack of championship scale:
Not bad, huh?
Marcus scored twice on Tuesday, helping his Sabres beat his brother Nick Foligno‘s Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)