Sep 18, 2013, 12:13 AM EST
Sure, it’s just the preseason, but these games still provide some things that you won’t see (prospects and veterans fighting for spots) and plenty of things you love to watch (goals, fights, saves and big hits).
With that noted, soak in Buffalo Sabres youngster Marcus Foligno‘s leaping goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets, which reminds one a bit of Bobby Orr’s iconic moment except for the total lack of championship scale:
Not bad, huh?
Marcus scored twice on Tuesday, helping his Sabres beat his brother Nick Foligno‘s Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46