Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The summer has come and gone, training camp is well underway, and former Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow still doesn’t have a contract. It sounds like the league hasn’t forgotten about the 34-year-old forward though.
There are several teams interested in Morrow, reports the Dallas Morning News. He’s negotiating, but after his brief stint in Pittsburgh last season, he’s looking for one thing in particular.
“There’s a lot that goes into it, and money is a part of it,” Morrow said. “But, at the same time, I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner. I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
He’s an injury risk and his age is a factor, but Morrow is still capable of chipping in offensively and brings years worth of leadership experience. It’s not hard to envision teams wanting him to serve in a complimentary role. For the right price, of course.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)