Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The summer has come and gone, training camp is well underway, and former Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow still doesn’t have a contract. It sounds like the league hasn’t forgotten about the 34-year-old forward though.
There are several teams interested in Morrow, reports the Dallas Morning News. He’s negotiating, but after his brief stint in Pittsburgh last season, he’s looking for one thing in particular.
“There’s a lot that goes into it, and money is a part of it,” Morrow said. “But, at the same time, I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner. I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
He’s an injury risk and his age is a factor, but Morrow is still capable of chipping in offensively and brings years worth of leadership experience. It’s not hard to envision teams wanting him to serve in a complimentary role. For the right price, of course.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)