Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The summer has come and gone, training camp is well underway, and former Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow still doesn’t have a contract. It sounds like the league hasn’t forgotten about the 34-year-old forward though.
There are several teams interested in Morrow, reports the Dallas Morning News. He’s negotiating, but after his brief stint in Pittsburgh last season, he’s looking for one thing in particular.
“There’s a lot that goes into it, and money is a part of it,” Morrow said. “But, at the same time, I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner. I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
He’s an injury risk and his age is a factor, but Morrow is still capable of chipping in offensively and brings years worth of leadership experience. It’s not hard to envision teams wanting him to serve in a complimentary role. For the right price, of course.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)