Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The summer has come and gone, training camp is well underway, and former Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow still doesn’t have a contract. It sounds like the league hasn’t forgotten about the 34-year-old forward though.
There are several teams interested in Morrow, reports the Dallas Morning News. He’s negotiating, but after his brief stint in Pittsburgh last season, he’s looking for one thing in particular.
“There’s a lot that goes into it, and money is a part of it,” Morrow said. “But, at the same time, I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner. I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
He’s an injury risk and his age is a factor, but Morrow is still capable of chipping in offensively and brings years worth of leadership experience. It’s not hard to envision teams wanting him to serve in a complimentary role. For the right price, of course.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)