Sep 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
The summer has come and gone, training camp is well underway, and former Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow still doesn’t have a contract. It sounds like the league hasn’t forgotten about the 34-year-old forward though.
There are several teams interested in Morrow, reports the Dallas Morning News. He’s negotiating, but after his brief stint in Pittsburgh last season, he’s looking for one thing in particular.
“There’s a lot that goes into it, and money is a part of it,” Morrow said. “But, at the same time, I want to be on a team where I think I can win, where I think I can contribute to a winner. I don’t have a lot of years left, so I’d love to get a couple of runs in there.”
He’s an injury risk and his age is a factor, but Morrow is still capable of chipping in offensively and brings years worth of leadership experience. It’s not hard to envision teams wanting him to serve in a complimentary role. For the right price, of course.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)