Sep 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
With all due respect to Louis Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien had good reason to include Leblanc in the team’s first group of cuts.
“He came into camp with a good attitude and he was in better shape, but we know Louis Leblanc and we wanted to get to know some of the other players better,” Therrien said Wednesday, per the Montreal Gazette.
Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so upset her boyfriend was cut after such a short time that she took to Twitter to rip the organization. (She’s since deleted those tweets.)
Christian Thomas and Sebastien Collberg are two players Therrien wants to get a better look at, according to the Gazette.
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)