Sep 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
With all due respect to Louis Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien had good reason to include Leblanc in the team’s first group of cuts.
“He came into camp with a good attitude and he was in better shape, but we know Louis Leblanc and we wanted to get to know some of the other players better,” Therrien said Wednesday, per the Montreal Gazette.
Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so upset her boyfriend was cut after such a short time that she took to Twitter to rip the organization. (She’s since deleted those tweets.)
Christian Thomas and Sebastien Collberg are two players Therrien wants to get a better look at, according to the Gazette.
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)