Sep 18, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
With all due respect to Louis Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien had good reason to include Leblanc in the team’s first group of cuts.
“He came into camp with a good attitude and he was in better shape, but we know Louis Leblanc and we wanted to get to know some of the other players better,” Therrien said Wednesday, per the Montreal Gazette.
Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so upset her boyfriend was cut after such a short time that she took to Twitter to rip the organization. (She’s since deleted those tweets.)
Christian Thomas and Sebastien Collberg are two players Therrien wants to get a better look at, according to the Gazette.
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)