Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have parted ways with a pair of highly-touted prospects.
Biggs, 20, is a former Miami of Ohio product that spent most of last year with OHL Oshawa, appearing in four late-season games for the Marlies and recording his first professional goal in the process.
He’s expected to play a key role for the Marlies this season.
Mantha, 19, was taken 20th overall at June’s draft, making him Detroit’s first top-20 pick since Jakub Kindl was selected 19th overall in 2005.
At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Mantha dominated the Quebec league last year, scoring 50 goals, and figures to be one of the top players on the circuit this season.
— Calgary sent two of its three ’13 first-rounders, Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk, back to junior. Poirier will rejoin QMJHL Gatineau and Klimchuk is headed to WHL Regina.
— The Flyers sent ’13 first-rounder Samuel Morin back to Rimouski of the Quebec League.
— The Canadiens sent ’09 first-rounder Louis Leblanc to AHL Hamilton.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)