Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have parted ways with a pair of highly-touted prospects.
Biggs, 20, is a former Miami of Ohio product that spent most of last year with OHL Oshawa, appearing in four late-season games for the Marlies and recording his first professional goal in the process.
He’s expected to play a key role for the Marlies this season.
Mantha, 19, was taken 20th overall at June’s draft, making him Detroit’s first top-20 pick since Jakub Kindl was selected 19th overall in 2005.
At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Mantha dominated the Quebec league last year, scoring 50 goals, and figures to be one of the top players on the circuit this season.
— Calgary sent two of its three ’13 first-rounders, Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk, back to junior. Poirier will rejoin QMJHL Gatineau and Klimchuk is headed to WHL Regina.
— The Flyers sent ’13 first-rounder Samuel Morin back to Rimouski of the Quebec League.
— The Canadiens sent ’09 first-rounder Louis Leblanc to AHL Hamilton.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 63
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (63)