Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have parted ways with a pair of highly-touted prospects.
Biggs, 20, is a former Miami of Ohio product that spent most of last year with OHL Oshawa, appearing in four late-season games for the Marlies and recording his first professional goal in the process.
He’s expected to play a key role for the Marlies this season.
Mantha, 19, was taken 20th overall at June’s draft, making him Detroit’s first top-20 pick since Jakub Kindl was selected 19th overall in 2005.
At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Mantha dominated the Quebec league last year, scoring 50 goals, and figures to be one of the top players on the circuit this season.
— Calgary sent two of its three ’13 first-rounders, Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk, back to junior. Poirier will rejoin QMJHL Gatineau and Klimchuk is headed to WHL Regina.
— The Flyers sent ’13 first-rounder Samuel Morin back to Rimouski of the Quebec League.
— The Canadiens sent ’09 first-rounder Louis Leblanc to AHL Hamilton.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 0
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 71
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (86)