Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have parted ways with a pair of highly-touted prospects.
Biggs, 20, is a former Miami of Ohio product that spent most of last year with OHL Oshawa, appearing in four late-season games for the Marlies and recording his first professional goal in the process.
He’s expected to play a key role for the Marlies this season.
Mantha, 19, was taken 20th overall at June’s draft, making him Detroit’s first top-20 pick since Jakub Kindl was selected 19th overall in 2005.
At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Mantha dominated the Quebec league last year, scoring 50 goals, and figures to be one of the top players on the circuit this season.
– Calgary sent two of its three ’13 first-rounders, Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk, back to junior. Poirier will rejoin QMJHL Gatineau and Klimchuk is headed to WHL Regina.
– The Flyers sent ’13 first-rounder Samuel Morin back to Rimouski of the Quebec League.
– The Canadiens sent ’09 first-rounder Louis Leblanc to AHL Hamilton.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)