Sep 18, 2013, 4:38 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings have parted ways with a pair of highly-touted prospects.
Biggs, 20, is a former Miami of Ohio product that spent most of last year with OHL Oshawa, appearing in four late-season games for the Marlies and recording his first professional goal in the process.
He’s expected to play a key role for the Marlies this season.
Mantha, 19, was taken 20th overall at June’s draft, making him Detroit’s first top-20 pick since Jakub Kindl was selected 19th overall in 2005.
At 6-foot-4, 190 pounds, Mantha dominated the Quebec league last year, scoring 50 goals, and figures to be one of the top players on the circuit this season.
— Calgary sent two of its three ’13 first-rounders, Emile Poirier and Morgan Klimchuk, back to junior. Poirier will rejoin QMJHL Gatineau and Klimchuk is headed to WHL Regina.
— The Flyers sent ’13 first-rounder Samuel Morin back to Rimouski of the Quebec League.
— The Canadiens sent ’09 first-rounder Louis Leblanc to AHL Hamilton.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)