Sep 18, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Anaheim was blasted 6-0 by in-state rivals Los Angeles on Tuesday night, and head coach Bruce Boudreau was none too pleased by it.
“We were bad from the goaltender out,” Boudreau told the O.C. Register (paywall) following the game. “I gave them crap about their lack of compete.”
The loss, in which the Ducks were out-scored, out-shot and generally outworked, was only their second game of the preseason following a 6-2 win over Phoenix on Monday.
While some might see the L.A. loss as a blip on the radar, Boudreau pointed to an overall lack of work ethic — dating back to the start of training camp — as the culprit.
“We’ve had some guys that haven’t worked hard in training camp,” Boudreau explained. “They got to get back to the grindstone and start working.”
Penner said it was a pretty disappointing effort overall.
“They played fairly well and we played fairly poor,” he said. “Obviously it’s preseason. It’s a lot of guys first games.
“That being said, it’s not an excuse.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)