Sep 18, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Anaheim was blasted 6-0 by in-state rivals Los Angeles on Tuesday night, and head coach Bruce Boudreau was none too pleased by it.
“We were bad from the goaltender out,” Boudreau told the O.C. Register (paywall) following the game. “I gave them crap about their lack of compete.”
The loss, in which the Ducks were out-scored, out-shot and generally outworked, was only their second game of the preseason following a 6-2 win over Phoenix on Monday.
While some might see the L.A. loss as a blip on the radar, Boudreau pointed to an overall lack of work ethic — dating back to the start of training camp — as the culprit.
“We’ve had some guys that haven’t worked hard in training camp,” Boudreau explained. “They got to get back to the grindstone and start working.”
Penner said it was a pretty disappointing effort overall.
“They played fairly well and we played fairly poor,” he said. “Obviously it’s preseason. It’s a lot of guys first games.
“That being said, it’s not an excuse.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)