Sep 18, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Anaheim was blasted 6-0 by in-state rivals Los Angeles on Tuesday night, and head coach Bruce Boudreau was none too pleased by it.
“We were bad from the goaltender out,” Boudreau told the O.C. Register (paywall) following the game. “I gave them crap about their lack of compete.”
The loss, in which the Ducks were out-scored, out-shot and generally outworked, was only their second game of the preseason following a 6-2 win over Phoenix on Monday.
While some might see the L.A. loss as a blip on the radar, Boudreau pointed to an overall lack of work ethic — dating back to the start of training camp — as the culprit.
“We’ve had some guys that haven’t worked hard in training camp,” Boudreau explained. “They got to get back to the grindstone and start working.”
Penner said it was a pretty disappointing effort overall.
“They played fairly well and we played fairly poor,” he said. “Obviously it’s preseason. It’s a lot of guys first games.
“That being said, it’s not an excuse.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)