Sep 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka suffered an upper-body injury after being elbowed by Tampa Bay Lightning winger Adam Erne during a Wednesday preseason game. The team announced that he won’t return to the contest and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Video of the check will be added to this post if it becomes available.
The 26-year-old played in all 48 Blues regular season games and six postseason contests in 2013, but he’s had his issues in the past, being limited to 73 games in in 2011-12 and 65 in 2010-11.
Naturally, the fear is that Sobotka is suffering from a concussion. The team didn’t confirm that, yet reporters such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford believe that he entered the quiet room following that hit.
The Blues might not be forthcoming with labels tomorrow, but hopefully they’ll share details on how much time he might miss.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)