Sep 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka suffered an upper-body injury after being elbowed by Tampa Bay Lightning winger Adam Erne during a Wednesday preseason game. The team announced that he won’t return to the contest and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Video of the check will be added to this post if it becomes available.
The 26-year-old played in all 48 Blues regular season games and six postseason contests in 2013, but he’s had his issues in the past, being limited to 73 games in in 2011-12 and 65 in 2010-11.
Naturally, the fear is that Sobotka is suffering from a concussion. The team didn’t confirm that, yet reporters such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford believe that he entered the quiet room following that hit.
The Blues might not be forthcoming with labels tomorrow, but hopefully they’ll share details on how much time he might miss.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7