Sep 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EST
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka suffered an upper-body injury after being elbowed by Tampa Bay Lightning winger Adam Erne during a Wednesday preseason game. The team announced that he won’t return to the contest and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Video of the check will be added to this post if it becomes available.
The 26-year-old played in all 48 Blues regular season games and six postseason contests in 2013, but he’s had his issues in the past, being limited to 73 games in in 2011-12 and 65 in 2010-11.
Naturally, the fear is that Sobotka is suffering from a concussion. The team didn’t confirm that, yet reporters such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford believe that he entered the quiet room following that hit.
The Blues might not be forthcoming with labels tomorrow, but hopefully they’ll share details on how much time he might miss.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)