Sep 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka suffered an upper-body injury after being elbowed by Tampa Bay Lightning winger Adam Erne during a Wednesday preseason game. The team announced that he won’t return to the contest and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Video of the check will be added to this post if it becomes available.
The 26-year-old played in all 48 Blues regular season games and six postseason contests in 2013, but he’s had his issues in the past, being limited to 73 games in in 2011-12 and 65 in 2010-11.
Naturally, the fear is that Sobotka is suffering from a concussion. The team didn’t confirm that, yet reporters such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford believe that he entered the quiet room following that hit.
The Blues might not be forthcoming with labels tomorrow, but hopefully they’ll share details on how much time he might miss.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)