Sep 18, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka suffered an upper-body injury after being elbowed by Tampa Bay Lightning winger Adam Erne during a Wednesday preseason game. The team announced that he won’t return to the contest and will be re-evaluated on Thursday.
Video of the check will be added to this post if it becomes available.
The 26-year-old played in all 48 Blues regular season games and six postseason contests in 2013, but he’s had his issues in the past, being limited to 73 games in in 2011-12 and 65 in 2010-11.
Naturally, the fear is that Sobotka is suffering from a concussion. The team didn’t confirm that, yet reporters such as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Jeremy Rutherford believe that he entered the quiet room following that hit.
The Blues might not be forthcoming with labels tomorrow, but hopefully they’ll share details on how much time he might miss.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31