Sep 17, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
Florida Panthers hopeful Tim Thomas met with the media for the first time on Tuesday, conducting a lengthy Q&A with reporters.
Here’s the video:
— Nobody pressed Thomas on his personal politics, the White House snub or anything relating to Facebook. The closest was someone calling him a “polarizing figure” (though that was partly in relation to Thomas walking away from the game in the manner he did).
— The thought of never playing hockey again crossed his mind. Sorry, the thought of never playing haaaw-key again crossed his mind.
— Someone asked if he was happy Florida wasn’t a big hockey market with lots of media attention, to which Thomas replied he hadn’t really thought about the media much over the last year.
— Among the things he did during his sabbatical: built some townhouses, hunted alligator, made an alligator into a rug, and saw his kids.
— He said it was extremely difficult leaving the Bruins organization, but it was the right thing for himself and his family.
— Is Thomas in Florida to be the starter? “I definitely came here to play hockey,” he replied, which was actually a pretty slick way of dodging the question.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)