Sep 17, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
Florida Panthers hopeful Tim Thomas met with the media for the first time on Tuesday, conducting a lengthy Q&A with reporters.
Here’s the video:
– Nobody pressed Thomas on his personal politics, the White House snub or anything relating to Facebook. The closest was someone calling him a “polarizing figure” (though that was partly in relation to Thomas walking away from the game in the manner he did).
– The thought of never playing hockey again crossed his mind. Sorry, the thought of never playing haaaw-key again crossed his mind.
– Someone asked if he was happy Florida wasn’t a big hockey market with lots of media attention, to which Thomas replied he hadn’t really thought about the media much over the last year.
– Among the things he did during his sabbatical: built some townhouses, hunted alligator, made an alligator into a rug, and saw his kids.
– He said it was extremely difficult leaving the Bruins organization, but it was the right thing for himself and his family.
– Is Thomas in Florida to be the starter? “I definitely came here to play hockey,” he replied, which was actually a pretty slick way of dodging the question.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)