Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers garnered the most votes of four possible NHL destinations for goalie Tim Thomas, but the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames came in very close.
Being that Thomas began his audition with the Panthers on Tuesday, it seems like a good time to check out the poll results regarding where he should’ve landed:
As you can see, it was especially close between Florida and Colorado, which makes sense since Thomas, 39, calls the latter area home.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Thomas is only on a professional tryout with the Panthers. While he feels “almost reborn” there, there’s always the possibility that the two-time Vezina winner might impress yet find himself playing for a different NHL team in 2013-14.
Either way, it should be fascinating to watch.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)