Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers garnered the most votes of four possible NHL destinations for goalie Tim Thomas, but the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames came in very close.
Being that Thomas began his audition with the Panthers on Tuesday, it seems like a good time to check out the poll results regarding where he should’ve landed:
As you can see, it was especially close between Florida and Colorado, which makes sense since Thomas, 39, calls the latter area home.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Thomas is only on a professional tryout with the Panthers. While he feels “almost reborn” there, there’s always the possibility that the two-time Vezina winner might impress yet find himself playing for a different NHL team in 2013-14.
Either way, it should be fascinating to watch.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)