Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers garnered the most votes of four possible NHL destinations for goalie Tim Thomas, but the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames came in very close.
Being that Thomas began his audition with the Panthers on Tuesday, it seems like a good time to check out the poll results regarding where he should’ve landed:
As you can see, it was especially close between Florida and Colorado, which makes sense since Thomas, 39, calls the latter area home.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Thomas is only on a professional tryout with the Panthers. While he feels “almost reborn” there, there’s always the possibility that the two-time Vezina winner might impress yet find himself playing for a different NHL team in 2013-14.
Either way, it should be fascinating to watch.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)