Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
The Florida Panthers garnered the most votes of four possible NHL destinations for goalie Tim Thomas, but the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames came in very close.
Being that Thomas began his audition with the Panthers on Tuesday, it seems like a good time to check out the poll results regarding where he should’ve landed:
As you can see, it was especially close between Florida and Colorado, which makes sense since Thomas, 39, calls the latter area home.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Thomas is only on a professional tryout with the Panthers. While he feels “almost reborn” there, there’s always the possibility that the two-time Vezina winner might impress yet find himself playing for a different NHL team in 2013-14.
Either way, it should be fascinating to watch.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)