Sep 17, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers garnered the most votes of four possible NHL destinations for goalie Tim Thomas, but the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames came in very close.
Being that Thomas began his audition with the Panthers on Tuesday, it seems like a good time to check out the poll results regarding where he should’ve landed:
As you can see, it was especially close between Florida and Colorado, which makes sense since Thomas, 39, calls the latter area home.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Thomas is only on a professional tryout with the Panthers. While he feels “almost reborn” there, there’s always the possibility that the two-time Vezina winner might impress yet find himself playing for a different NHL team in 2013-14.
Either way, it should be fascinating to watch.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)