Sep 17, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Peverley, 31, explained that it’s not necessarily as big of a problem as it might sound and expects to be on track to return in early October as originally anticipated.
“A couple of days last week, I was feeling a little bit like my heart was racing.” Peverley said. “I think people hear it’s a heart thing and they think it’s life-threatening. It’s not. Normal people have it, and they can go through daily life.”
The former Boston Bruins center is on blood thinners and hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but said “I’m not really worried about it” overall.
Peverley is generally regarded as a quality depth forward, although he was limited to two goals in 21 postseason games in 2013. He showed his greatest flashes of brilliance in 2011-12 scoring 42 points in 57 contests and also had 22 goals in 2009-10.
If this is just a minor setback, he could very well get a nice chance to show what he’s capable of in Dallas.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)