Sep 17, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Peverley, 31, explained that it’s not necessarily as big of a problem as it might sound and expects to be on track to return in early October as originally anticipated.
“A couple of days last week, I was feeling a little bit like my heart was racing.” Peverley said. “I think people hear it’s a heart thing and they think it’s life-threatening. It’s not. Normal people have it, and they can go through daily life.”
The former Boston Bruins center is on blood thinners and hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but said “I’m not really worried about it” overall.
Peverley is generally regarded as a quality depth forward, although he was limited to two goals in 21 postseason games in 2013. He showed his greatest flashes of brilliance in 2011-12 scoring 42 points in 57 contests and also had 22 goals in 2009-10.
If this is just a minor setback, he could very well get a nice chance to show what he’s capable of in Dallas.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)