Sep 17, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
Peverley, 31, explained that it’s not necessarily as big of a problem as it might sound and expects to be on track to return in early October as originally anticipated.
“A couple of days last week, I was feeling a little bit like my heart was racing.” Peverley said. “I think people hear it’s a heart thing and they think it’s life-threatening. It’s not. Normal people have it, and they can go through daily life.”
The former Boston Bruins center is on blood thinners and hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but said “I’m not really worried about it” overall.
Peverley is generally regarded as a quality depth forward, although he was limited to two goals in 21 postseason games in 2013. He showed his greatest flashes of brilliance in 2011-12 scoring 42 points in 57 contests and also had 22 goals in 2009-10.
If this is just a minor setback, he could very well get a nice chance to show what he’s capable of in Dallas.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42