Sep 17, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
Peverley, 31, explained that it’s not necessarily as big of a problem as it might sound and expects to be on track to return in early October as originally anticipated.
“A couple of days last week, I was feeling a little bit like my heart was racing.” Peverley said. “I think people hear it’s a heart thing and they think it’s life-threatening. It’s not. Normal people have it, and they can go through daily life.”
The former Boston Bruins center is on blood thinners and hasn’t been cleared for contact yet, but said “I’m not really worried about it” overall.
Peverley is generally regarded as a quality depth forward, although he was limited to two goals in 21 postseason games in 2013. He showed his greatest flashes of brilliance in 2011-12 scoring 42 points in 57 contests and also had 22 goals in 2009-10.
If this is just a minor setback, he could very well get a nice chance to show what he’s capable of in Dallas.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (143)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (116)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)