Sep 17, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
More than a few eyebrows were raised yesterday when the Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Louis Leblanc was among their first group of cuts.
In fact, Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so surprised — a better word may be incensed — that she took to Twitter to rip the organization.
Wozniak has since deleted her tweets.
Meanwhile, Leblanc’s agent, Pat Brisson, told Louis Jean of TVA Sports that his client is disappointed, but “it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters.”
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6