Sep 17, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
More than a few eyebrows were raised yesterday when the Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Louis Leblanc was among their first group of cuts.
In fact, Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so surprised — a better word may be incensed — that she took to Twitter to rip the organization.
Wozniak has since deleted her tweets.
Meanwhile, Leblanc’s agent, Pat Brisson, told Louis Jean of TVA Sports that his client is disappointed, but “it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters.”
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47