Sep 17, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
More than a few eyebrows were raised yesterday when the Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Louis Leblanc was among their first group of cuts.
In fact, Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so surprised — a better word may be incensed — that she took to Twitter to rip the organization.
Wozniak has since deleted her tweets.
Meanwhile, Leblanc’s agent, Pat Brisson, told Louis Jean of TVA Sports that his client is disappointed, but “it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters.”
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)