Sep 17, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
More than a few eyebrows were raised yesterday when the Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Louis Leblanc was among their first group of cuts.
In fact, Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so surprised — a better word may be incensed — that she took to Twitter to rip the organization.
Wozniak has since deleted her tweets.
Meanwhile, Leblanc’s agent, Pat Brisson, told Louis Jean of TVA Sports that his client is disappointed, but “it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters.”
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)