Sep 17, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
More than a few eyebrows were raised yesterday when the Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Louis Leblanc was among their first group of cuts.
In fact, Leblanc’s girlfriend, Canadian tennis player Aleksandra Wozniak, was so surprised — a better word may be incensed — that she took to Twitter to rip the organization.
Wozniak has since deleted her tweets.
Meanwhile, Leblanc’s agent, Pat Brisson, told Louis Jean of TVA Sports that his client is disappointed, but “it’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters.”
Leblanc was the 18th overall pick in the 2009 draft. The 22-year-old will start the 2013-14 season in the AHL with the Hamilton Bulldogs, for whom he had just 18 points in 62 games last season.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)