Sep 17, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Johan Franzen‘s wonky hip is acting up again.
Franzen, who missed seven games last season with a hip flexor injury, will be held out of Detroit’s second exhibition game of the season tonight in Chicago with a similar ailment, the Macomb Daily reports.
Franzen also missed Detroit’s preseason-opening win over Pittsburgh on Monday night.
The 33-year-old Swede has a history of hip issues dating back to the 2008-09 campaign. Last year, the injury derailed what was an otherwise solid campaign from Franzen — he had 31 points in 41 games and finished second on the team in goals and points.
What’s more, his points-per-game average was at 0.76, his highest since the 2009-10 season.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)