Sep 17, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Johan Franzen‘s wonky hip is acting up again.
Franzen, who missed seven games last season with a hip flexor injury, will be held out of Detroit’s second exhibition game of the season tonight in Chicago with a similar ailment, the Macomb Daily reports.
Franzen also missed Detroit’s preseason-opening win over Pittsburgh on Monday night.
The 33-year-old Swede has a history of hip issues dating back to the 2008-09 campaign. Last year, the injury derailed what was an otherwise solid campaign from Franzen — he had 31 points in 41 games and finished second on the team in goals and points.
What’s more, his points-per-game average was at 0.76, his highest since the 2009-10 season.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)