Sep 17, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Johan Franzen‘s wonky hip is acting up again.
Franzen, who missed seven games last season with a hip flexor injury, will be held out of Detroit’s second exhibition game of the season tonight in Chicago with a similar ailment, the Macomb Daily reports.
Franzen also missed Detroit’s preseason-opening win over Pittsburgh on Monday night.
The 33-year-old Swede has a history of hip issues dating back to the 2008-09 campaign. Last year, the injury derailed what was an otherwise solid campaign from Franzen — he had 31 points in 41 games and finished second on the team in goals and points.
What’s more, his points-per-game average was at 0.76, his highest since the 2009-10 season.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)