Sep 17, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Johan Franzen‘s wonky hip is acting up again.
Franzen, who missed seven games last season with a hip flexor injury, will be held out of Detroit’s second exhibition game of the season tonight in Chicago with a similar ailment, the Macomb Daily reports.
Franzen also missed Detroit’s preseason-opening win over Pittsburgh on Monday night.
The 33-year-old Swede has a history of hip issues dating back to the 2008-09 campaign. Last year, the injury derailed what was an otherwise solid campaign from Franzen — he had 31 points in 41 games and finished second on the team in goals and points.
What’s more, his points-per-game average was at 0.76, his highest since the 2009-10 season.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)