Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes decided to send 2012-first rounder (27th overall) Henrik Samuelsson back to the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday.
Samuelsson, 19, is the son of notorious defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Fittingly, he brings sandpaper along with his scoring touch; he scored 80 points and racked up 97 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Oil Kings in 2012-13.
It makes sense that the Coyotes are bringing the agitating forward along in head coach Dave Tippett’s system. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (22) is the youngest impact player on the everyday roster, and he’s considering a rising NHL star.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40