Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes decided to send 2012-first rounder (27th overall) Henrik Samuelsson back to the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday.
Samuelsson, 19, is the son of notorious defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Fittingly, he brings sandpaper along with his scoring touch; he scored 80 points and racked up 97 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Oil Kings in 2012-13.
It makes sense that the Coyotes are bringing the agitating forward along in head coach Dave Tippett’s system. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (22) is the youngest impact player on the everyday roster, and he’s considering a rising NHL star.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12