Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes decided to send 2012-first rounder (27th overall) Henrik Samuelsson back to the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday.
Samuelsson, 19, is the son of notorious defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Fittingly, he brings sandpaper along with his scoring touch; he scored 80 points and racked up 97 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Oil Kings in 2012-13.
It makes sense that the Coyotes are bringing the agitating forward along in head coach Dave Tippett’s system. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (22) is the youngest impact player on the everyday roster, and he’s considering a rising NHL star.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11