Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes decided to send 2012-first rounder (27th overall) Henrik Samuelsson back to the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday.
Samuelsson, 19, is the son of notorious defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Fittingly, he brings sandpaper along with his scoring touch; he scored 80 points and racked up 97 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Oil Kings in 2012-13.
It makes sense that the Coyotes are bringing the agitating forward along in head coach Dave Tippett’s system. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (22) is the youngest impact player on the everyday roster, and he’s considering a rising NHL star.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5