Sep 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes decided to send 2012-first rounder (27th overall) Henrik Samuelsson back to the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings on Tuesday.
Samuelsson, 19, is the son of notorious defenseman Ulf Samuelsson. Fittingly, he brings sandpaper along with his scoring touch; he scored 80 points and racked up 97 penalty minutes in 69 games with the Oil Kings in 2012-13.
It makes sense that the Coyotes are bringing the agitating forward along in head coach Dave Tippett’s system. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (22) is the youngest impact player on the everyday roster, and he’s considering a rising NHL star.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24