Sep 17, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Wilson‘s hard luck with injuries continues.
On Tuesday, Colorado announced Wilson sustained a knee injury during Sunday’s scrimmage, one that would keep him out of action for two weeks, according to the Denver Post.
The knee issue isn’t believed to be serious — there’s an outside shot he’ll be ready for the season opener against Anaheim on Oct. 2 — but it has to be deflating for the 26-year-old defenseman.
Wilson was sidelined for most of last year with a high ankle sprain, appearing in just 12 contests. That came on the heels of a 2011-12 season during which he missed significant time with a concussion.
When healthy, though, Wilson can be an effective player.
He showed as much in his rookie campaign, scoring 21 points in 61 games, and showed it again during the ’11-12 season, scoring 21 points in 59 contests.
Despite the injury woes, Colorado took a chance on Wilson by inking him to a three-year, $6.75 million deal last July.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)