Sep 17, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Wilson‘s hard luck with injuries continues.
On Tuesday, Colorado announced Wilson sustained a knee injury during Sunday’s scrimmage, one that would keep him out of action for two weeks, according to the Denver Post.
The knee issue isn’t believed to be serious — there’s an outside shot he’ll be ready for the season opener against Anaheim on Oct. 2 — but it has to be deflating for the 26-year-old defenseman.
Wilson was sidelined for most of last year with a high ankle sprain, appearing in just 12 contests. That came on the heels of a 2011-12 season during which he missed significant time with a concussion.
When healthy, though, Wilson can be an effective player.
He showed as much in his rookie campaign, scoring 21 points in 61 games, and showed it again during the ’11-12 season, scoring 21 points in 59 contests.
Despite the injury woes, Colorado took a chance on Wilson by inking him to a three-year, $6.75 million deal last July.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)