Sep 17, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Ryan Wilson‘s hard luck with injuries continues.
On Tuesday, Colorado announced Wilson sustained a knee injury during Sunday’s scrimmage, one that would keep him out of action for two weeks, according to the Denver Post.
The knee issue isn’t believed to be serious — there’s an outside shot he’ll be ready for the season opener against Anaheim on Oct. 2 — but it has to be deflating for the 26-year-old defenseman.
Wilson was sidelined for most of last year with a high ankle sprain, appearing in just 12 contests. That came on the heels of a 2011-12 season during which he missed significant time with a concussion.
When healthy, though, Wilson can be an effective player.
He showed as much in his rookie campaign, scoring 21 points in 61 games, and showed it again during the ’11-12 season, scoring 21 points in 59 contests.
Despite the injury woes, Colorado took a chance on Wilson by inking him to a three-year, $6.75 million deal last July.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)