Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Cory Schneider has yet to play a game for the New Jersey Devils, but already understands the significance of the Rangers rivalry.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Schneider said prior to making his Devils debut on Monday against New York, as per the Star-Ledger. “First preseason game. It’s a big rivalry here. We don’t like losing to them.
“Even though it’s a preseason game, it’s a game you want to win.”
Acquired from Vancouver at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Schneider is slated to play two periods for the Devils tonight before giving way to Keith Kinkaid.
Elias, 37, is a healthy scratch after taking part in the first few days of training camp.
Jagr hasn’t suited up since briefly skating at the start of camp. He quickly departed due to “general soreness” and hasn’t been back on the ice since.
According to NHL.com, Jagr won’t play until he feels 100 percent.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 11
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)