Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Cory Schneider has yet to play a game for the New Jersey Devils, but already understands the significance of the Rangers rivalry.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Schneider said prior to making his Devils debut on Monday against New York, as per the Star-Ledger. “First preseason game. It’s a big rivalry here. We don’t like losing to them.
“Even though it’s a preseason game, it’s a game you want to win.”
Acquired from Vancouver at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Schneider is slated to play two periods for the Devils tonight before giving way to Keith Kinkaid.
Elias, 37, is a healthy scratch after taking part in the first few days of training camp.
Jagr hasn’t suited up since briefly skating at the start of camp. He quickly departed due to “general soreness” and hasn’t been back on the ice since.
According to NHL.com, Jagr won’t play until he feels 100 percent.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)