Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Cory Schneider has yet to play a game for the New Jersey Devils, but already understands the significance of the Rangers rivalry.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Schneider said prior to making his Devils debut on Monday against New York, as per the Star-Ledger. “First preseason game. It’s a big rivalry here. We don’t like losing to them.
“Even though it’s a preseason game, it’s a game you want to win.”
Acquired from Vancouver at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Schneider is slated to play two periods for the Devils tonight before giving way to Keith Kinkaid.
Elias, 37, is a healthy scratch after taking part in the first few days of training camp.
Jagr hasn’t suited up since briefly skating at the start of camp. He quickly departed due to “general soreness” and hasn’t been back on the ice since.
According to NHL.com, Jagr won’t play until he feels 100 percent.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)