Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Cory Schneider has yet to play a game for the New Jersey Devils, but already understands the significance of the Rangers rivalry.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Schneider said prior to making his Devils debut on Monday against New York, as per the Star-Ledger. “First preseason game. It’s a big rivalry here. We don’t like losing to them.
“Even though it’s a preseason game, it’s a game you want to win.”
Acquired from Vancouver at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Schneider is slated to play two periods for the Devils tonight before giving way to Keith Kinkaid.
Elias, 37, is a healthy scratch after taking part in the first few days of training camp.
Jagr hasn’t suited up since briefly skating at the start of camp. He quickly departed due to “general soreness” and hasn’t been back on the ice since.
According to NHL.com, Jagr won’t play until he feels 100 percent.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)