Sep 16, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Cory Schneider has yet to play a game for the New Jersey Devils, but already understands the significance of the Rangers rivalry.
“I’m looking forward to it,” Schneider said prior to making his Devils debut on Monday against New York, as per the Star-Ledger. “First preseason game. It’s a big rivalry here. We don’t like losing to them.
“Even though it’s a preseason game, it’s a game you want to win.”
Acquired from Vancouver at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Schneider is slated to play two periods for the Devils tonight before giving way to Keith Kinkaid.
Elias, 37, is a healthy scratch after taking part in the first few days of training camp.
Jagr hasn’t suited up since briefly skating at the start of camp. He quickly departed due to “general soreness” and hasn’t been back on the ice since.
According to NHL.com, Jagr won’t play until he feels 100 percent.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)