Sep 16, 2013, 12:27 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette dropped his gloves in reaction to the hit teammate Rostislav Klesla received on Sunday night, but depending on the details, he might not be able to defend his colleagues when the regular season begins.
Video of the Jordan Nolan-on-Klesla hit hasn’t been made available yet, so it’s not surprising that a clip of Bissonnette,28, possibly leaving the bench cannot be found at this time.
Note: AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan reports that Klesla, 31, hasn’t been taken to the hospital yet (possibly for precautionary reasons).
Naturally, it’s the NHL’s call regarding suspensions for Nolan and/or Bissonnette, like any other situation. Unfortunately, the difference between tonight and the regular season is that video evidence is much easier to come by when the games start to “matter.” So we’ll wait and see if anything comes of this.
In other notes, Coyotes defenseman Zbynek Michalek was banged up during the game, but he returned to action with a cage added to his helmet, according to McLellan. It’s been a rough game by any standards.
Related: Klesla leaves game on stretcher
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 69
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (69)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)