Sep 16, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Good news out of Coyotes practice today regarding the health of defenseman Rostislav Klesla — head coach Dave Tippett said Klesla had been released from hospital and was “resting comfortably” at home.
“He probably has a little bit of a headache but he’s home, which is a good sign,” Tippett told the team website following Monday’s practice.
Klesla, 31, was stretchered off the ice Sunday after taking a hit from Los Angeles forward Jordan Nolan in a split squad game. He was kept at a local hospital until approximately 4 a.m., according to the Arizona Republic, and is now dealing with the effects of a concussion and whiplash.
Nolan was given two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct and, of note, had been penalized for roughing earlier in the period.
Following the hit on Klesla, ‘Yotes forward Paul Bissonnette left the bench to try and fight Nolan, earning himself a game misconduct in the process. Bissonnette now faces the possibility of a 10-game suspension for his actions.
Earlier today, PHT reached out to the NHL for confirmation of potential disciplinary action. A league spokesman said the incidents were still being evaluated.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)