Sep 16, 2013, 5:18 PM EST
Good news out of Coyotes practice today regarding the health of defenseman Rostislav Klesla — head coach Dave Tippett said Klesla had been released from hospital and was “resting comfortably” at home.
“He probably has a little bit of a headache but he’s home, which is a good sign,” Tippett told the team website following Monday’s practice.
Klesla, 31, was stretchered off the ice Sunday after taking a hit from Los Angeles forward Jordan Nolan in a split squad game. He was kept at a local hospital until approximately 4 a.m., according to the Arizona Republic, and is now dealing with the effects of a concussion and whiplash.
Nolan was given two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct and, of note, had been penalized for roughing earlier in the period.
Following the hit on Klesla, ‘Yotes forward Paul Bissonnette left the bench to try and fight Nolan, earning himself a game misconduct in the process. Bissonnette now faces the possibility of a 10-game suspension for his actions.
Earlier today, PHT reached out to the NHL for confirmation of potential disciplinary action. A league spokesman said the incidents were still being evaluated.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (44)