Sep 16, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
Good news out of Coyotes practice today regarding the health of defenseman Rostislav Klesla — head coach Dave Tippett said Klesla had been released from hospital and was “resting comfortably” at home.
“He probably has a little bit of a headache but he’s home, which is a good sign,” Tippett told the team website following Monday’s practice.
Klesla, 31, was stretchered off the ice Sunday after taking a hit from Los Angeles forward Jordan Nolan in a split squad game. He was kept at a local hospital until approximately 4 a.m., according to the Arizona Republic, and is now dealing with the effects of a concussion and whiplash.
Nolan was given two minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct and, of note, had been penalized for roughing earlier in the period.
Following the hit on Klesla, ‘Yotes forward Paul Bissonnette left the bench to try and fight Nolan, earning himself a game misconduct in the process. Bissonnette now faces the possibility of a 10-game suspension for his actions.
Earlier today, PHT reached out to the NHL for confirmation of potential disciplinary action. A league spokesman said the incidents were still being evaluated.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)