Sep 16, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are hosting the Nashville Predators this afternoon in Sunrise, and this is what it looked like for the anthems:
Picture via Erin Brown (Fox Sports Florida)
To be fair, this afternoon’s is the first of two games the Panthers and Predators will play today at the BB&T Center. The same two teams will square off again tonight at 7 p.m. But given all the jokes that are being made on Twitter and the fact the picture’s made its way to Deadspin, we figured we’d pass it along.
According to the official stats, the Panthers ranked 22nd in attendance last season, averaging 16,991 fans per game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5