Sep 16, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
One of the best things about the NHL preseason are stories of all the different team-building exercises, like how the Kings did military-style training at owner Phil Anschutz’s ranch in Colorado.
This week, it’s Nashville’s turn to bond.
The Preds are in Florida to play three games against the Panthers and Lightning, and also have a bunch of chemistry-building activities planned to welcome the likes of Viktor Stalberg, Matt Cullen and Eric Nystrom to the team.
But how will it stack up to the epic Orlando trip of ’06?
Take it away, Kevin Klein…
“We went to a comedy (show) and saw a ventriloquist,” Klein told the Tennessean. “You do those bonding things, and you remember those things. I remember it was seven years ago. We’re excited.
“We have some fun stuff planned, from what (Trotz) said, and it will be a good time.”
The Preds are in luck. Remember Mark Curry from that show “Mr. Cooper”? No? Anyway, he’s playing the Miami Improv this week in Coconut Grove. What a score.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38