Sep 16, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
One of the best things about the NHL preseason are stories of all the different team-building exercises, like how the Kings did military-style training at owner Phil Anschutz’s ranch in Colorado.
This week, it’s Nashville’s turn to bond.
The Preds are in Florida to play three games against the Panthers and Lightning, and also have a bunch of chemistry-building activities planned to welcome the likes of Viktor Stalberg, Matt Cullen and Eric Nystrom to the team.
But how will it stack up to the epic Orlando trip of ’06?
Take it away, Kevin Klein…
“We went to a comedy (show) and saw a ventriloquist,” Klein told the Tennessean. “You do those bonding things, and you remember those things. I remember it was seven years ago. We’re excited.
“We have some fun stuff planned, from what (Trotz) said, and it will be a good time.”
The Preds are in luck. Remember Mark Curry from that show “Mr. Cooper”? No? Anyway, he’s playing the Miami Improv this week in Coconut Grove. What a score.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)