Sep 16, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
One of the best things about the NHL preseason are stories of all the different team-building exercises, like how the Kings did military-style training at owner Phil Anschutz’s ranch in Colorado.
This week, it’s Nashville’s turn to bond.
The Preds are in Florida to play three games against the Panthers and Lightning, and also have a bunch of chemistry-building activities planned to welcome the likes of Viktor Stalberg, Matt Cullen and Eric Nystrom to the team.
But how will it stack up to the epic Orlando trip of ’06?
Take it away, Kevin Klein…
“We went to a comedy (show) and saw a ventriloquist,” Klein told the Tennessean. “You do those bonding things, and you remember those things. I remember it was seven years ago. We’re excited.
“We have some fun stuff planned, from what (Trotz) said, and it will be a good time.”
The Preds are in luck. Remember Mark Curry from that show “Mr. Cooper”? No? Anyway, he’s playing the Miami Improv this week in Coconut Grove. What a score.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13