Sep 16, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
One of the best things about the NHL preseason are stories of all the different team-building exercises, like how the Kings did military-style training at owner Phil Anschutz’s ranch in Colorado.
This week, it’s Nashville’s turn to bond.
The Preds are in Florida to play three games against the Panthers and Lightning, and also have a bunch of chemistry-building activities planned to welcome the likes of Viktor Stalberg, Matt Cullen and Eric Nystrom to the team.
But how will it stack up to the epic Orlando trip of ’06?
Take it away, Kevin Klein…
“We went to a comedy (show) and saw a ventriloquist,” Klein told the Tennessean. “You do those bonding things, and you remember those things. I remember it was seven years ago. We’re excited.
“We have some fun stuff planned, from what (Trotz) said, and it will be a good time.”
The Preds are in luck. Remember Mark Curry from that show “Mr. Cooper”? No? Anyway, he’s playing the Miami Improv this week in Coconut Grove. What a score.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 19
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39