Sep 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The day after a rough-and-tumble affair against Montreal, Buffalo agitator Patrick Kaleta had a message for future opponents.
“We want to establish that we are a team and no one is going to take liberties on old guys, young guys,” Kaleta told the Buffalo News. “You’re going to have to deal with all five guys on the ice. We want to establish that early.”
On Sunday, Kaleta tried to hammer home that point.
That wasn’t all from Buffalo.
Earlier in the game, Cody McCormick responded to Jarred Tinordi’s big hit on Colton Gillies by challenging Tinordi to a scrap.
Buffalo’s team toughness has been called out in the past (see: Ryan Miller vs. Milan Lucic) and now it seems that, rather than relying on a tough guy like John Scott to handle the rough stuff, the whole team will step up if need be.
Just ask Kaleta.
“We want to be a team that’s tough to play against,” he explained. “You’re going to have to go through five of us, not just one.”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 6
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)