Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
If you’re the type of person who overreacts to preseason sporting events, then the Boston Bruins’ 6-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens provides evidence that Jarome Iginla could be a great replacement for Nathan Horton.
Iginla scored two goals, David Krejci had a tally of his own and Milan Lucic piled up three assists to steal the show from the P.K. Subban vs. Malcolm Subban storyline on Monday. (The hockey should probably come to a consensus regarding a nickname for the Iginla-Krejci-Lucic line soon …)
That trio combined for 10 shots on goal tonight, so they were quite the force even when the puck wasn’t hitting the net.
Going back to the Subbans, P.K. scored a goal, but not against his younger brother. Malcolm stopped all of the 12 shots he faced, with his only blemish being a delay of game penalty when he handled the puck outside the dreaded trapezoid area.
It’s not advisable to put too much stock in exhibition games in which people either aren’t playing at all or aren’t playing with regular season urgency, yet one can understand Bruins fans if they’re a little excited about what they just saw.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)