Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
If you’re the type of person who overreacts to preseason sporting events, then the Boston Bruins’ 6-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens provides evidence that Jarome Iginla could be a great replacement for Nathan Horton.
Iginla scored two goals, David Krejci had a tally of his own and Milan Lucic piled up three assists to steal the show from the P.K. Subban vs. Malcolm Subban storyline on Monday. (The hockey should probably come to a consensus regarding a nickname for the Iginla-Krejci-Lucic line soon …)
That trio combined for 10 shots on goal tonight, so they were quite the force even when the puck wasn’t hitting the net.
Going back to the Subbans, P.K. scored a goal, but not against his younger brother. Malcolm stopped all of the 12 shots he faced, with his only blemish being a delay of game penalty when he handled the puck outside the dreaded trapezoid area.
It’s not advisable to put too much stock in exhibition games in which people either aren’t playing at all or aren’t playing with regular season urgency, yet one can understand Bruins fans if they’re a little excited about what they just saw.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)