Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
If you’re the type of person who overreacts to preseason sporting events, then the Boston Bruins’ 6-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens provides evidence that Jarome Iginla could be a great replacement for Nathan Horton.
Iginla scored two goals, David Krejci had a tally of his own and Milan Lucic piled up three assists to steal the show from the P.K. Subban vs. Malcolm Subban storyline on Monday. (The hockey should probably come to a consensus regarding a nickname for the Iginla-Krejci-Lucic line soon …)
That trio combined for 10 shots on goal tonight, so they were quite the force even when the puck wasn’t hitting the net.
Going back to the Subbans, P.K. scored a goal, but not against his younger brother. Malcolm stopped all of the 12 shots he faced, with his only blemish being a delay of game penalty when he handled the puck outside the dreaded trapezoid area.
It’s not advisable to put too much stock in exhibition games in which people either aren’t playing at all or aren’t playing with regular season urgency, yet one can understand Bruins fans if they’re a little excited about what they just saw.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)