Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
If you’re the type of person who overreacts to preseason sporting events, then the Boston Bruins’ 6-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens provides evidence that Jarome Iginla could be a great replacement for Nathan Horton.
Iginla scored two goals, David Krejci had a tally of his own and Milan Lucic piled up three assists to steal the show from the P.K. Subban vs. Malcolm Subban storyline on Monday. (The hockey should probably come to a consensus regarding a nickname for the Iginla-Krejci-Lucic line soon …)
That trio combined for 10 shots on goal tonight, so they were quite the force even when the puck wasn’t hitting the net.
Going back to the Subbans, P.K. scored a goal, but not against his younger brother. Malcolm stopped all of the 12 shots he faced, with his only blemish being a delay of game penalty when he handled the puck outside the dreaded trapezoid area.
It’s not advisable to put too much stock in exhibition games in which people either aren’t playing at all or aren’t playing with regular season urgency, yet one can understand Bruins fans if they’re a little excited about what they just saw.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)