Sep 16, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
If you’re the type of person who overreacts to preseason sporting events, then the Boston Bruins’ 6-3 win against the Montreal Canadiens provides evidence that Jarome Iginla could be a great replacement for Nathan Horton.
Iginla scored two goals, David Krejci had a tally of his own and Milan Lucic piled up three assists to steal the show from the P.K. Subban vs. Malcolm Subban storyline on Monday. (The hockey should probably come to a consensus regarding a nickname for the Iginla-Krejci-Lucic line soon …)
That trio combined for 10 shots on goal tonight, so they were quite the force even when the puck wasn’t hitting the net.
Going back to the Subbans, P.K. scored a goal, but not against his younger brother. Malcolm stopped all of the 12 shots he faced, with his only blemish being a delay of game penalty when he handled the puck outside the dreaded trapezoid area.
It’s not advisable to put too much stock in exhibition games in which people either aren’t playing at all or aren’t playing with regular season urgency, yet one can understand Bruins fans if they’re a little excited about what they just saw.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)