Sep 16, 2013, 8:23 PM EST
As anticipated, the NHL handed Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench (Rule 70.10) in the first period of Sunday’s wild preseason game against the Los Angeles Kings.
Coyotes fans will surely be upset that “BizNasty” received a suspension while Nolan, 24, went unpunished. It’s not necessarily a fair discussion because Bissonnette’s suspension is an automatic, protocol-mandated one while the Nolan check on Klesla amounts to a judgment call.
That probably won’t stop Phoenix fans from getting angry, though.
This suspension costs Bissonnette $37,820.51 and keeps him from regular season action until an Oct. 24 game against (wait for it) the Kings in Los Angeles.
About the only bits of good news for the enforcer is that he’s at least under contract with the Coyotes in 2013-14 ($737,500) and can participate in the Coyotes’ remaining exhbition games, according to AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
“We were looking to upgrade, add more of a veteran presence.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:49 PM EST
“It’s just hard to get a deal done, and you see the prices are so high.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was it just a sellers’ market?
Mar 2, 2015, 5:10 PM EST
He gets a no-trade clause in the first year of the deal.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:09 PM EST
“Devastating” news for the Calgary Flames.
Mar 2, 2015, 4:47 PM EST
He was scheduled to become a restricted free agent after this season.
Mar 2, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
All the latest leading up to 3 p.m. ET…
Mar 2, 2015, 3:57 PM EST
They were “adamant” about bolstering their blue line.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:44 PM EST
Second trade of the day for Boston.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:38 PM EST
Former 13th overall pick.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:20 PM EST
A 31-year-old for a 23-year-old.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
For the price of a second-round pick in 2017.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Busy day for Montreal.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:06 PM EST
Speedy winger was rumored to be a trade deadline target.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:58 PM EST
Kids. They do the darndest things.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:43 PM EST
Has only been to the playoffs once in his career.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:38 PM EST
New York gets Mark Louis in the deal.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:23 PM EST
It’s the veteran’s third team this season.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:18 PM EST
Couple of minor-league forwards switch clubs.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:49 PM EST
Buffalo also gets a third-round pick in 2016.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 0
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 19
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 12
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 26
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 8
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 42
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 42
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)