Sep 16, 2013, 8:23 PM EST
As anticipated, the NHL handed Phoenix Coyotes tough guy Paul Bissonnette a 10-game suspension for leaving the bench (Rule 70.10) in the first period of Sunday’s wild preseason game against the Los Angeles Kings.
Coyotes fans will surely be upset that “BizNasty” received a suspension while Nolan, 24, went unpunished. It’s not necessarily a fair discussion because Bissonnette’s suspension is an automatic, protocol-mandated one while the Nolan check on Klesla amounts to a judgment call.
That probably won’t stop Phoenix fans from getting angry, though.
This suspension costs Bissonnette $37,820.51 and keeps him from regular season action until an Oct. 24 game against (wait for it) the Kings in Los Angeles.
About the only bits of good news for the enforcer is that he’s at least under contract with the Coyotes in 2013-14 ($737,500) and can participate in the Coyotes’ remaining exhbition games, according to AZ Central’s Sarah McLellan.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 10
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)