Sep 15, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy will have his hands full in his first year with the team, but he’s got a pair of players that already demanding his attention in the best way.
“Wow. I thought it was a nice clinic out there,” said Roy, when asked about their performance. “He and Ryan seem to work really well together.”
“Ryan is a smart guy. He’s so good along the wall,” Roy said. “He’s really making room for ‘Dutchy,’ and they’re clicking really well.”
That’s good news for the Avalanche as Duchene, along with P.A. Parenteau, were their two bright spots last season. Getting O’Reilly to join him in picking up his game would be a boon to the Avalanche attack.
As it is, the Avs are set up to have a potentially exciting offense with 2013 first overall pick Nathan MacKinnon joining the team and playing the third line. With him joining Paul Stastny, Alex Tanguay, and Gabriel Landeskog, offense should be one area they don’t have to worry about this year.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)