Sep 15, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy will have his hands full in his first year with the team, but he’s got a pair of players that already demanding his attention in the best way.
“Wow. I thought it was a nice clinic out there,” said Roy, when asked about their performance. “He and Ryan seem to work really well together.”
“Ryan is a smart guy. He’s so good along the wall,” Roy said. “He’s really making room for ‘Dutchy,’ and they’re clicking really well.”
That’s good news for the Avalanche as Duchene, along with P.A. Parenteau, were their two bright spots last season. Getting O’Reilly to join him in picking up his game would be a boon to the Avalanche attack.
As it is, the Avs are set up to have a potentially exciting offense with 2013 first overall pick Nathan MacKinnon joining the team and playing the third line. With him joining Paul Stastny, Alex Tanguay, and Gabriel Landeskog, offense should be one area they don’t have to worry about this year.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 3
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 68
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 70
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (70)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (69)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (66)